Sql database and XBMC error.
XBMC 11 beta2

I am using a mySQL database that is part of a hosting plan. I am able to create the users as well as create the database. I decided to try this route so that when I wipe my drive and start fresh, I don't have to reconfigure mySQL ever time.

The issue that I am having is that, since I am not an admin of this installation, I am unable to run this:

Quote:GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';

Is there any way for me to create the databases that are required for XBMC? XBMC can easily create the tables, just not the databases.

Here is what my advancedsettings.xml looks like

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>123.456.78.9</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>password</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>123.456.78.9</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>password</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

Thank you in advance for an assistance you can provide. I would really like to get this configured.
Big Grin 
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin Right Just for those who are wondering i managed to sort it out.

The music database seemed to upgrade just fine without any tweeking.

For the video database i needed to go through the database before the upgrade and change all the tables from latin to utf.
Then manually change the version number to 44.

For those who may have this problem and are good with mysql i have made a list of all the queries that i used to get this working.

Here is the list http://pastebin.com/GmQVuica

Make sure you make a backup of your database before doing any of these unless something goes wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sql database and XBMC error.0