Music Library not organising correctly
Hello to all fellow xbmc users.....

I am running xbmc on Ubunut 10.04....

I have a large music collection including many Compilation Albums.

I have used Songbird to organize all music as follows:

Album Artist/ Album / track.

I have named Album Artist for all compilations as " ZZCompilation" so it will show up at the very bottom of my library.

How ever Xbmc seems to be scanning only some songs from each albumb in to the zzcompilation folder.

It then puts some songs in the same album name into a folder called " Various"

and the some songs from the same album into a folder called "various"

I have re-run everything through songibrd, Checked mp3tagger and picard, and can find no details about Various nor various.....

Any ideas as to what is going on would be greatly appreciated, or tagger utility for ubuntu that will allow me to correct this problem.

Thanks

David
I would say that it is something to do with inconsistant Track Artist or Album Artist tags.

I use Tag&Rename and MediaMonkey but I think that these only run under Windows, however if you change all of the Album Artists and Track Artists to ZZCompilation they shouls all appear in the same folder.

I actually make up an Album Artist tag depending on the type of compilation, for example Various Pop, Various Motown or Various Rock and then use the correct artist for the Track Artist Tag.

Steve
Thanks for the reply...

I went through my compilation library again, but this time track at a time, and could not find any inconsistency in the meta data with relation to setting them up as Various.

The meta data is set to

Album Artist :- ZZCompilation

Album:- Best of Rock

Track:- We will Rock You

Artist:- Queen

This is of course as an example. Album Artist is Always ZZCompilation, with the track and artist changing each time, and the Album changing with each new album....

It has to be something related to the tagging, but I can just not see it......:confused2:
If tracks appear in a folder named various or Various I still think that either the Album Title or Album Artist are incorrect.

I take it that these are mp3 files?. If so why don't you email me one that appears under various and one that appears under Various and I'll take a look at the tags for you.

Steve
OK, I managed to solve the problem.

I ran Media Monkey through Wine, which showed me the tags for the Various, etc.....

For some reason none of the ubuntu Tag editors showed this, nor did Songbird.

So if anyone else has the same issue, Media Monkey works with wine, and tags great!!!!

Thanks for the input

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library not organising correctly0