Question about TV Tuners, PCI-E and Mini-ITX MB
BigO Wrote:PCIe is backward compatible so a 1x will work just fine in a 16x. Ive even seen 16x cards fit into 4 and 8x slots and still work just fine, the only difference is the amount on lanes in the PCIe bus you will have access to.
If manufacturies follow the same protocol, 16x suppose to have options for other x. But there is a catch, some mobo makers don't follow the same protocol and some left out the other options. To be safe, you have to check with your motherboard spec before you buy older x card!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I'm having a hell of a time trying to get my TV tuner card to work. I'm wondering if any of you could help and I don't know if it's related the the PCI-E x1/16 situation or not. Would I need to make bios adjustments for the ASRock PCI-E slot to work with my tuner card?

Here is my current PC setup (all brand new components):
  • ASRock A75M Motherboard (on-board HDMI output and 1000/100 Lan, PCI-E x1, PCI-E 2.0 x16)
  • AMD A6-3500 2.1GHz Triple-Core FM1 Socket CPU/APU
  • CORSAIR CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX12V Power Supply
  • G.SKILL 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
  • Hauppauge 1213 WinTV-HVR-2250 PCI-E x1 Dual TV Tuner
  • Terk HDTVa OTA/ATSC Internal Antenna

It recognizes the card and it "seems" to be installed correctly with latest drivers but when I try to view any channel it says signal is not available. :confused2:
Concept211 Wrote:It recognizes the card and it "seems" to be installed correctly with latest drivers but when I try to view any channel it says signal is not available. :confused2:

Does it work when you plug your antenna directly to your TV?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about TV Tuners, PCI-E and Mini-ITX MB0