Apple TV 2, Imac & External USB HDD
Hello,

Wondering if anyone can help as I'm currently going crazy over this.

I have an Apple TV 2nd gen jailbroken with XBMC installed. I can set it up to be able to see my Public Folder on my iMac but it won't see the 2TB USB hard drive that is attached (which is were all my Media is).

Can anyone help me out as I'm running out of things to try.

Many thanks
I believe you should add this USB drive to the OSX sharing, try to add it on the following windows (sorry... my iMac is in Portuguese):

Enter in Sharing in OSX setup window:

Then in File Sharing add a new path/drive using the "plus" button:

Hope you are able to see the above pictures.... I'm not sure if I shared them correctly...
ImageImage
Out of curiosity, does the hard drive show up on your Mac? I am guessing it does, but I am not a Mac user and was showing my new setup to a friend at his place and he is a mac user, but it did not work... My hard drive was NTFS...

But the post above is correct, you need to set up the share...
Thanks for a reply. I've already tried adding it this way however it still does not show on my apple tv at all. :-(
What format is your hard drive? If its NTFS it will not work... I think it needs to be FAT32 format...

If its FAT32 then its just a setting issue... I am sure that can be worked out... We will just need to find out if its a Mac setting or a ATV2 setting... Nod
It's in NTFS format but it still don't pick it up. I've just tried formatting a spare external one in mac format n it works. So looks like I'm gonna have to back up all my media n format the 2tb one.
Hawk3907 Wrote:What format is your hard drive? If its NTFS it will not work... I think it needs to be FAT32 format...

If its FAT32 then its just a setting issue... I am sure that can be worked out... We will just need to find out if its a Mac setting or a ATV2 setting... Nod

That's wrong. NTFS will work. Mac OS X has had NTFS support for a while now.
Bingo... I thought that might be the problem...

A word of caution... FAT32 will not accept files bigger then 4GB... So make sure you dont have any that are bigger, and if you do, then you will have to format it to the other apple compatable format... Off the top of my head I dont remember what the type is called...
Ned Scott Wrote:That's wrong. NTFS will work. Mac OS X has had NTFS support for a while now.

I do not disagree that it can, but its picky, very picky... I have yet to find an NTFS drive that works... And as you can see, NTFS was not working for him... However the FAT32 drive works fine... Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 2, Imac & External USB HDD0