USB - CEC & Sound issues
First issue is with the USB - CEC.
I'm running Win7 x64 Pro. Device is installed and detected. I've tried running the nightlies from 1st, 2nd and 3rd Nov but all give me the same error in XBMC.
I get: "Unsupported libcec version. 7 is greater than what xbmc supports"

Tried several reinstalls but keep getting the same result.

Next issue is sound. I'm not sure this is XBMC related or not.

Basically, I have an LG TV which for some dumb reason doesn't have Audio Out. As a result, I have to plug all my devices directly into my DVD/Surround Sound Home Theatre system via phono.

When I plug my HTPC into it, I get a very quiet humming sound. This gets worse once XBMC is running. In fact, it gets so bad when XBMC is running that I had to stop watching a movie as it was too distracting.
It's one of those annoying issues that seems impossible to google.
I'm also getting MSVCP100.dll is missing now with all nightly versions when starting up. Tried the x86 and x64 C++ Redist setups from MS but issue remains.
If the humm is 50 or 60 hertz (depends on where you live), then it's probably a ground loop: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_loop...tricity%29

Try with just your HTPC connected to your receiver, and your receiver connected to the tv, and unplug any cable from your receiver, HTPC and tv that's not needed to play a video, then check if the humm goes away.

Once cause of humm can be that you have one device in your setup connected to the tv cable (the tv itself or a DVB-C receiver), and another device connected to the mains ground.
If those two devices have their grounds connected through the audio or hdmi cables, and there's a potential between the mains ground and the tv cable, then you have a ground loop.

You can put a ground loop isolator between the tv cable and the device to prevent this, be sure to get the kind for RF signals, not the kind for audio signals.
bobo1on1 Wrote:If the humm is 50 or 60 hertz (depends on where you live), then it's probably a ground loop: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_loop...tricity%29

Try with just your HTPC connected to your receiver, and your receiver connected to the tv, and unplug any cable from your receiver, HTPC and tv that's not needed to play a video, then check if the humm goes away.

Once cause of humm can be that you have one device in your setup connected to the tv cable (the tv itself or a DVB-C receiver), and another device connected to the mains ground.
If those two devices have their grounds connected through the audio or hdmi cables, and there's a potential between the mains ground and the tv cable, then you have a ground loop.

You can put a ground loop isolator between the tv cable and the device to prevent this, be sure to get the kind for RF signals, not the kind for audio signals.

I'll look into that then. I had a feeling it was something to do with ground but I don't understand it enough to know for sure. Thanks for the explanation.

Still suffering from the other mentioned issues.
libcec issue confirmed as fixed on irc. next nightly will be fine.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB - CEC & Sound issues0