How to remap all files to a different drive letter?
I had to reinstall my Win 7 64 bit Ultimate, and now all my video files are on E: drive. They used to be on G: drive, so XBMC can't find them. What's the easiest and least painful way to remap all of the thousands of files to E:?
Change the drive letters in Windows.
Export your library to single file then use something like notepad++ to change all the drive letters in "videodb.xml" using find replace, make sure you included <path> and match whole word only otherwise it will change all E and G letters everywhere

Even simpler change the drive letters back to what they were originally in windows your probably have to give one drive another letter first so it frees up one drive letter then you can swap them back
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I was hoping I didn't have to change letters, but it's clearly the easier solution. It works fine now, but I have an ugly gap in my drive letters now.

Thanks for the quick help!

It's going to be a nightmare to migrate my library to the eventual unRAID box I'll be building Sad
Eklar Wrote:It's going to be a nightmare to migrate my library to the eventual unRAID box I'll be building Sad

Just use >>X<<'s technique.

JR
Eklar Wrote:I was hoping I didn't have to change letters, but it's clearly the easier solution. It works fine now, but I have an ugly gap in my drive letters now.

Why do you have an ugly gap in your drive letters I thought you only reinstalled windows or did you remove drives :confused2:

There should be no reason if its the same hardware why you can't have it exactly the same as before
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to remap all files to a different drive letter?0