Show only files from video tab
when i press videos from the home screen it comes up with a list Movies, TV Shows, Recently Added Movies, Recently Added TV Shows, Files, Playlists and Video Add Ons. I would like it to just go direct into the files list like it used to. Also it jumps straight to movies or TV shows if i've been browsing in there first. What have I changed for it to do this, its doing my head in as its making navigating round non library files a nightmare
I assume you're using a nightly build. The behaviour you describe is by design.if you want to have XBMC go straight into the Files section create an autoexec.py file in your userdata folder containing:

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateWindow(musicfiles)")

Re your second question, if you are in some subfolder of movies or TV shows and you press escape to back to the Home page, XBMC remembers where you were. If you select video again XBMC will take you back to where you were when you pressed escape.

JR
thanks for the reply. that will give me something to play with. Yes i am using nightly builds by the way
that didn't work. all that did was launch the said windows when xbmc started. I want to see my file list when i press videos
daveUK Wrote:that didn't work. all that did was launch the said windows when xbmc started. I want to see my file list when i press videos

Oops, I misunderstood. I don't think there is any easy way to go straight to Files when you select the Video link on the home screen. You could probably edit the skin to do it, but you're outside my area of expertise here.

JR
ok no probs, i'll just live with it, thanks for the input.
I'm not a hundred percent sure whether I got your problem, but you can try this:

Go to SYSTEM -> SKIN -> HOME WINDOW OPTIONS -> scroll down and activate "Hide - Videos", and then deactivate "Hide - Movies" and "Hide - TV shows"

On your home window should now be 2 links "Movies" and "TV shows"
Those should both bring up a list of the files in your respective databases.

I hope this helps.
think that will just disable library mode which I dont want. I basically want movies tv shows and a files link from the home screen for non library stuff but the videos tab shows more than I want.
I have a lot of sympathy for daveUK's position. For various reasons I never use the library, and with Dharma selecting Video takes me straight to the file view, which is where I want to be.

Having said that, the distinction between File and Library modes has caused much pain and gnashing of teeth over the years, so I think the merging of the two in Eden is a good thing. When I start using Eden on my main HTPC, instead of just on my development boxes, I'll probably look into some way to reproduce the Dharma behaviour. However this isn't something that keeps me awake at night.

JR
You need to edit the Skin files. Copy the skin folder you're using and edit the copy. With reFocus it was pretty easy. If I remember right, the file you want to edit is home.xml in the 720p folder. You just need to find what the main menu links point to, and change them to where you want them to go. From my home menu, Videos takes me directly to the Files list; Movies takes me to a page with Browse, Recently Added, and my Playlists (I have playlists by Aspect Ratio, for example); and TV Shows takes me directly to the fanart view of my shows.
sounds interesting. will have a play with the skin tomorrow and feedback

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show only files from video tab0