• 4(current)
Buffering issues - atv2 - wired
I've since tested it with the Firecore Media Player and there isn't a glitch. Does anybody want a log or anything?? I'm more then willing to help out as best I can!
KODI running on...
Acer Aspire Revo | 2 x iPad Mini
HP Touchsmart | AppleTV | Raspberry Pi
I changed the optical use (helped a bit)
I did change the Apple TV to 16Bit. (eliminated the streaming)
I did both of those things (optical and 16-bit audio). No success.

I have also tried the Firecore Media Player over wireless and it streams perfectly. Sad
KODI running on...
So it is More and more likely that is a some type ok problem between XBMC and the Time capsule. Another sign of this it is the fact that often, after a few minutes, the file can't be accessed by XBMC trough AFP protocol, but they continue to stream trough SMB. More, when I access to file with SMB protocol, the file return to stream also with AFP protocol, ant I suggest a some type to sleep mode not reversible with afp protocol.
Benjopa Wrote:So it is More and more likely that is a some type ok problem between XBMC and the Time capsule. Another sign of this it is the fact that often, after a few minutes, the file can't be accessed by XBMC trough AFP protocol, but they continue to stream trough SMB. More, when I access to file with SMB protocol, the file return to stream also with AFP protocol, ant I suggest a some type to sleep mode not reversible with afp protocol.

In my case there is no time capsule. Just a Windows XP computer with shared folders.
KODI running on...
same problem, choppiness and buffering on 720P videos.
Have tried all the suggested "turn offs etc", updated to Eden and using 4.4.4 freshly installed today.

wireless connection (signal strength max according to the apple menu), AFP or SMB to my Readynas files, doesn't make a difference.

No time machine, using a mac laptop

what i will try later is copying some of the problem movies to my laptop and accessing the files on it rather than the Nas, will update if it makes a difference
JasonA Wrote:The answer seems obvious that ATV2 will never be able to pass HD content that is not h264 without some issues. I don't have a problem with that except that my ATV1 with a CrystalHD running on the other TV does not like h264 and has no buffering issues with any 720p HD content.

Do we wait for the ATV3 with the A5 processor and resign ourselves to Steve's hobby? Personally, I monitor this board on a more or less daily basis but have not bothered with any of the nightlies in some time.

Things were completely fine for me on my ATV2 until maybe a dozen nightlies ago. Now, mkvs that played previously buffer constantly-even on my wired connection.

I tried that audio fix and that had no bearing.

EDIT: no Time Capsule. SMB shares.
rene Wrote:I've since tested it with the Firecore Media Player and there isn't a glitch. Does anybody want a log or anything?? I'm more then willing to help out as best I can!

I have indeed also better results with the Firecore player! No buffers yet!

Unfortunately the scraping sucks, because he can't scrape on map names.
MaRINoL Wrote:Things were completely fine for me on my ATV2 until maybe a dozen nightlies ago. Now, mkvs that played previously buffer constantly-even on my wired connection.

I tried that audio fix and that had no bearing.

EDIT: no Time Capsule. SMB shares.

I finally fixed things. No more buffering for me. I was also experiencing a bit of weirdness with the ATV2 and AirPlay. When I tried to use it, my network would go down. I figured there must be something common to XBMC buffering and the AirPlay problem-sure enough, it turned out to be the QOS setting on my Cisco LinkSYS E4200.

I disabled WMM and everything is cool now. From Cisco's site:

"QoS allows traffic through your router based on how important it is to you. For instance, if your games are more important than downloading files, you can apply QoS to ensure that traffic for your games always gets through despite the downloads.

QoS is automatically applied for wireless devices that support a standard called WMM. You don't have to do a thing to apply this."

I'm now streaming all mkvs with zero buffering. Perhaps this will help others...?
humm, I detect a common theme here. Crappy network Smile
davilla Wrote:humm, I detect a common theme here. Crappy network Smile

My router is relatively new and, admittedly, I was not familiar with WMM so I had no idea to consider it as being the culprit.

How can you explain the network being crappy in my situation... I can have two other xbmc systems streaming 720p content. One is wired and the other is wireless. No stuttering or buffering.

With only the ATV running and streaming the same content I get all kinds of stuttering and buffering... making it totally unusable. This happens with both a wired and wireless connection to the ATV.

The Firecore Media Player doesn't miss a beat on the same content over wired or wireless.

I don't want to use Firecore though. I crave XBMC! Smile

As said before, if there's any logs or anything I can provide I will gladly post or email them.

Thanks for the great product!
KODI running on...
The issue is not a crappy network.

I think that there is a problem with PAL .isos only. Not NTSC. Can someone confirm this?

which is weird since im on Gigabit and have hi end equipment and still have similar issues, if not as common its more like probably 1-2% of my library at this point in time but still weird.

mind you im on SMB so that could be the problem which i suppose falls into crappy network PROTOCOL lol

can't be assed seting up anything else for just a few files that have issues since the atv2 isn't my main media center anyway.

as far as .ISO are concerned. i've recently got X-files on dvd and they are on .iso. all 9 seasons and have no issues. how do i confirm if they are pal or ntsc? i think they are ntsc
frieten Wrote:as far as .ISO are concerned. i've recently got X-files on dvd and they are on .iso. all 9 seasons and have no issues. how do i confirm if they are pal or ntsc? i think they are ntsc

Gspot may be able to tell you, or VLC can open ISOs and it has info about the framerate under 'View>Stream and Media information.' PAL is 25fps and NTSC is 29.970fps or 23.976fps.

I have more than 100 PAL isos. And they are all saying "buffering" all the time. I know that I've had one or two movies playing without any buffering problems, but I can't rememer which ones :-(
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering issues - atv2 - wired0