ZBox Nano AD-10 WiFi Question
I've done a bit more testing, but nothing that has helped me resolve the problem...

I added a client bridge downstairs to see if that would improve the streaming on the AD-10 (via OpenElec). Unfortunately, it is still a problem. I noticed that even though it is a wired connection, the internet connection seems to drop out periodically, only to reestablish itself several seconds later. This seems to happen with some regularity, again, even with a wired (over a client bridge) connection. I am able to playback content through Windows 7 on a laptop plugged in to the same client bridge (disabled wifi).

Sadly, the streaming issue is basically rendering my htpc useless for the time being. I've ordered a hdmi>vga cable, so I can bring the AD-10 upstairs to plug it directly into my primary router and see if that changes anything.

I guess I may end up needing to pick up a copy of Win7 for the AD-10 in order to get things to (hopefully) work.
again, as media said, rubbish WiFi u have..
not sure windows7 will be of any help..
i think u might wanna try to change your WiFi card also suggested earlier if win7 doesnt help u...
But I now have the AD-10 using a wired connection (wired into a router that is set up as a wireless gateway), so I'm not sure what changing the Wifi would do.
then i must have wrongly understood your issue...

in this case, win7 could be the solution
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be dismissive. You are totally right that in my original problem, WiFi seemed like the culprit.

However, now the AD-10 has a wired connection to a nearby client bridge (a router that is wirelessly connected to my primary router) and the same streaming problems persist.

This makes me think the problem is mainly with OpenElec (the drivers for the network adapter?).
I was experiencing the same issues with playback over wifi with the 1.0.2 FUSION release. However, I figured I had nothing to lose by using the builds shared publicly in the dropbox link in this thread:

here

Quote:At this moment i'm running build 8883 and planning to test 8885 tonight.
I compiled them on a Ubuntu 10.10 32bit system.
They can be found here: db.tt/AO50TayD

And my wifi smb share issues seem to be fixed with the latest build!
Awesome! This was going to be next on my list of things to try, so the news about that other build is really encouraging. Will try this as soon as I get home. Thanks!
That was it. The drivers for the latest official Fusion build must not be exactly right, because the nightly 8883 version streams flawlessly. That's a huge relief!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZBox Nano AD-10 WiFi Question0