Getting rid of ASRock 330 - new HTPC in the works !
Or is it that your receiver just does not transfer 24fps content well to your tv?
Belgium Wrote:Yep - tried all that. Even disabled all non-essential services in W7 one by one. No joy.

Starting to think the tiny CPU in the ION isn't up to even the slightest interrupt-driven background tasks without impacting frontend XBMC process.

My Core2 Quad has plenty more horsepower to deal with the non-GPU driven tasks.

Silverstone case is on backorder though so will have to wait to see how it turns out :-(
certain system don't work on xbmc with "high performance" power option. my wife laptop work best with "balance" power option. you can give the "balance" power option a try. if you connect your system this way- htpc>avr>hdtv via hdmi cables, you can set avr to pass-through video.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:certain system don't work on xbmc with "high performance" power option. my wife laptop work best with "balance" power option. you can give the "balance" power option a try. if you connect your system this way- htpc>avr>hdtv via hdmi cables, you can set avr to pass-through video.

Yep it's connected through an Onkyo receiver by HDMI. Tried disabling the Onkyo video processing too, still no joy... No

Which is why I resorted to drastic actions and am now building a new HTPC Stare
Belgium Wrote:Yep it's connected through an Onkyo receiver by HDMI. Tried disabling the Onkyo video processing too, still no joy... No

Which is why I resorted to drastic actions and am now building a new HTPC Stare
okay, good luck! if you want your new htpc to natively playback bd iso/m2ts/mkv and index.bdmv w/ dts-hd and truehd, you can go through the guide in my signature.
New system is up and running. Some observations:
  • Aeon MQ3 skin is smooth as butter and super responsive
  • No more stutter in 1080p/24 !!!
  • A lot quieter than the ASRock ION 330 !!!

Very happy :-)
Belgium Wrote:New system is up and running. Some observations:
  • Aeon MQ3 skin is smooth as butter and super responsive
  • No more stutter in 1080p/24 !!!
  • A lot quieter than the ASRock ION 330 !!!

Very happy :-)
congratulation and enjoy it!
Star 
Hi guyz.

I'm sorry going slightly OT here but I really hope you can help me with this.
My ASRock 330HT-BD mobo has seemingly a problem with the built-in power supply for the hard disk.

I'd like to go for a mobo replacement (RMA is out of question) and I am wondering which mobo I can buy from the market which would fit the case and all...

Could you please advise?

thank you very much!
Nod
wally76 Wrote:Hi guyz.

I'm sorry going slightly OT here but I really hope you can help me with this.
My ASRock 330HT-BD mobo has seemingly a problem with the built-in power supply for the hard disk.

I'd like to go for a mobo replacement (RMA is out of question) and I am wondering which mobo I can buy from the market which would fit the case and all...

Could you please advise?

thank you very much!
Nod

Not sure the case fits any "aftermarket" mobo since it's basically an "all-in-one" system...

Then there's the question of the right connectors etc...

DOn't know where you are located but have you checked:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-ATOM-A330...B002CMUDTM

Good luck !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting rid of ASRock 330 - new HTPC in the works !0