Missing parent folder item in library
Latest builds do not have the "return to parent folder" item in library mode. The setting in apperance, file lists, show parent folder items makes no difference. The item allowed to go from movies or tv shows to videos/files. Is this a bug or a feature? Any way to make a shortcut or bypass this setting? This was very useful to navigate to items not included in the library. Changing skins or views doesn't solve this. Tested with a fresh install and same problem occurs.
Please?
I'm not sure what you mean by the "return to parent folder" item. I've just tried a build from 10th November and it has the ".." at the top of the lists. Did you mean this, or something else?

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by the "return to parent folder" item. I've just tried a build from 10th November and it has the ".." at the top of the lists. Did you mean this, or something else?

JR

They are lacking in yesterdays build (at least on OS X). Another thing, lists are wrapping when using Apple remote. Does not happen if you use keyboard - scrolling stops at the end of the list as it should.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

jhsrennie Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by the "return to parent folder" item. I've just tried a build from 10th November and it has the ".." at the top of the lists. Did you mean this, or something else?

JR

It all depends on how you enter the library. This was introduced some time ago.

If you use a direct link in skins to go to movie the parent item won't show.
If you use the library link and then click on movie it will show

Yes this can be confusing.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Using 2011-11-16 with a clean profile. Home>Videos>Files show the return to parent folder (or "..") item. Home>Movies>Title or Home>Videos>Movies doesn't.

Machine-Sanctum, where is the library link?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing parent folder item in library0