How do I permanently disable subtitles?
I just can't turn them off permanently and it's really annoying having to press T twice to get them back off. I've ran countless searches here and on google and tried everything mentioned.

I am using Dharma 10.1 but running XBMC via the HD Audio folder as to have it bitstream to my receiver. These are the things I've tried.

- OSD menu under audio and turning them off. Then making that option default for everything else.

- Editing the GUI config file so showsubtitles is set to false.

- Just pressing T during playback which removes them but as soon as I go out or change to another movie and then go back, they are back. I press T again and it acts like I'm activating subtitles (remembering the first T but not applying it?) then I have to press T again.

Is there anyway to do it permanently? Is this an Eden issue because I know the HD Audio folders contain Eden items?

Worst case scenario is I have to go back to just 10.1 and use MPC-HC as my default player (like I was before) but I much prefer the OSD of the skin I'm using over MPC-HC.

Thanks
I have this problem also and it drives me nuts as well.
I think it is yet one more bug in xbmc of which nobody will admit too.
-stampee
Works fine for me in Dharma and Eden-pre and without debug logs I guess it's to do with this 'HD Audio folder' you mention as it sounds like some sort of hack.
Hitcher Wrote:Works fine for me in Dharma and Eden-pre and without debug logs I guess it's to do with this 'HD Audio folder' you mention as it sounds like some sort of hack.

I used that version for months, I can tell you that's not normal behavior.
Seems there's no real way around it.

Main reason being as I was ripping my discs with 'Another eac3to GUI' and only selecting forced subtitles. That works fine but for discs such as Letters from Iwo Jima, using only forced doesn't pick up any track so I opted to rip all discs with full subtitle tracks and just turn it off in XBMC. To no avail.

I guess I'll just go back to ripping forced only and keep an eye out for full subtitled films. A bit of a pain though.
Subtitles work fine here to

The subtitles do not come on at all in my mkv files not until I turn them on which works and when movies have forced subtitles it ignores the subtitles off option and displays them regardless as it should as these are forced for none English parts of the movie

Using 10.1 here and it works perfectly.
It used to work perfect with 10.1 but with the hd audio addition, I guess it's bugged.

With 10.1 I have to go back to using MPC-HC though to bitstream HD audio.
I have no HD audio folder, and subtitles are still bugged.
-stampee

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I permanently disable subtitles?0