Request of a StatusNet Add-On for all Platforms.
Question 
StatusNet is an open source decentralized client and/or server alternative to Twitter. you host it your self, it is able to connect to twitter and vice versa. everyone controls their own content not someone else. Any thoughts about this idea?Nerd
Do you mean create a plugin to run as a client for StatusNet?
Question 
Plugin/ add-on, some people think they are the same thing...lol, on mine under the system menu option it says Add-on, but that besides the point. Yes I would like to run a server client for Status net along side XBMC, like how I can run a PBX with the XBMC PBX Add-on. What do you and everyone else think?
Star 
One of the main reasons I think the is a good suggestion is that I don't like the the TOS (terms Of Service) that companies like Twitter and Facebook use just to make a buck. Another is the privacy issue that these companies have constantly and say they fixed them, only to have bigger ones ignored or pop up. Facebook is a big problem in the department, which is why I like what the Diaspora team is trying to do with this open source/ decentralized design for a social network.
Third, XBMC store Media you like whether it is video or music, why not add Social Media to the list, combining a microblogging software like StatusNet and Diaspora into XBMC would help create a true all-in-one media center that is open source, decentralized, and own only by the one who posts the information. Not to mention that you can setup your own TOS that will screw over specifically any corps that tries to make money off your hard work and that of others.
I'd say more but it's start to sound too much like a rant, but you get what I'm saying.Nerd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request of a StatusNet Add-On for all Platforms.1