MySql Share issues
I just got done setting up my ATV2. I initially setup a copy on my Mac, with the advanced settings.xml file pointing to my server running MySQL.

I spent last night building the library etc. and all seems well. ( i confirmed xmbc was connecting to the server and that the database was being used ).

After setting up xmbc on the ATV2 I copied over the settings file and restarted XMBC but it does not see any of the data. Additionally and this was really amazing, it opens 99 connections to the my SQL box. I noticed that the sources I had setup on Mac were not there on the ATV.

I don't really feel like teaching it about my library again, that was the hole point in setting up the server. Not to mention saving space.

Well anyway its late and I just thought I would post this. Ill try to gather debug logs etc tomorrow. Perhaps I am just missing something simple.

Nightly build from tonight 11/18. Atv with 4.4.3. Mac OS Lion, MySQL 5.5 running on a windows box, also hosting my media.
used the same nightly on both? atv2 and mac?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
No, and I bet thats the issue? Perhaps different schemas?
AikiD Wrote:No, and I bet thats the issue? Perhaps different schemas?

chances are high ... you should update the older version to that one which is more recent ... then db should work on both ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Though I can't figure out how to install the nightly. There are docs for ATV, but I can't find anything about installing nighties on OSX. Just the dmg for the stable build.
Found them after quite a bit of searching.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/
I just confirmed that the latest builds seem to create a crazy amount of MySQL Connections. Is this a known issue? OSX nightly from 11/19 created 70+ connections.
Yes. Search. Check your debug log.

Pay attention to my sig.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
the number of connections has been fixed some hours ago ... next nightly should have the fix in it then...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySql Share issues0