QNAP, Thecus, Synology
Hi all,

I want to buy NAS, but I need your opinion, experience,
I need to have RAID 5 and 5-bay platform, also good feature is AES encryption and built-in VPN.

- Synology DS1511+
- Thecus N5200XXX
- QNAP TS-559 Pro II

Thanks for any tips
I have a Synology DS211j. No problem so far, after 8 months. I am very satisfied. Easy to configure, their OS (DSM 3.1 here) is really simple. Lots of features.

You can also encrypt specific directory.

Can't comment on your specific models.
Another vote for synology, they make a quality product.
But can you run Sickbeard and CP and Sab on Synology no problem?
Why not freenas or unraid?
I'm happy with my ds410 synology. It's got a good feature set, it's quiet and reliable, and new software comes out at regular intervals. You'll see quite a few grumbles on the synology forums about this & that but I avoid the beta releases and haven't had any problems. My experience is that the box just works.
hi,

I have a qnap 509 pro for the last two years in raid 5 setup with no.issues get quite frequent updates and supports plugins like sickbeard, torrent, couch patatoe soon much more. it also supports wakeup on LAN wol. so you can switch it in from anywhere, recently for it support your own cloud computing aand good forum community.

I.have heard real positives about synology too.

thanks.
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
thank you all for your opinion, realy appreciate it.

I decided to buy Synology DS1511+ I will let you know about my experience when I will have it Smile

thanks again
Synology for me, the software is fantastic, you'll be happy with it. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QNAP, Thecus, Synology0