WASAPI running in shared mode?
Hi,

Currently using the latest nightly 23rd and noticed that when playing some audio (even though my settings are set to exclusive WASAPI for xbmc) it decides to play some audio in shared mode and not close down the audio connection correctly?

An example of this is to stream Southpark S.15 E.4 (TMI) from FPT3

This causes xmbc to go into shared mode, output the audio at whatever my shared mode is set to (currently 24/96) but then does not close the connection correctly when the movie is complete. ie my AVR still displays a 24/96 connection even though it should display nothing. The only real way to correct this is to reboot xbmc.

is this a known issue with the latest nightlys?
Ok?

After further testing it's doing this with some milti channel audio files too? The problem this causes is xbmc is not closing the audio connection and therefore stays stuck in 5.1/2.0 etc after playing certain files?

The main files I notice it on are streams online, perhaps is a certain encoding but the bug is very much apparent.

Those with AVRs will/should notice this as they will see that upon ending a movie, their DTS or AC3 logo will still be lit even though xbmc is outputting no audio?

I'm dropping back to the 16th as this bug is not apparent in that nightly.. (it's the only other one I tested)

Cheers,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WASAPI running in shared mode?0