Need Help with a build
toymachine2009 Wrote:Anyone got any ideas on this?
Is the empty hard drive completely empty? If it is, it should allow you to format it and clone the full drive to the formated empty drive. Here is a freeware- EaseUS. I have done this on one computer to transfer a bigger hard drive to another computer at work a while ago, and I forgot exactly how I did it!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Is it possible that your 2nd drive is set as the master and your OS as the slave?
if its IDE drives yes, that could come into play
It is very strange and has me stumped. And yes the 2nd drive is Completely empty I even checked view hidden files and folders to make sure. I then right clicked it and hit format so i know 100% sure that its empty.. Just it wont boot correctly with out

the Hard drives are plugged in Via esata and im stumped.
well, again, worst case scenario, you'll have to re-install :/
Balinus Wrote:Is it possible that your 2nd drive is set as the master and your OS as the slave?
It's very possible, but it is too late to reverse it.
toymachine2009 Wrote:It is very strange and has me stumped. And yes the 2nd drive is Completely empty I even checked view hidden files and folders to make sure. I then right clicked it and hit format so i know 100% sure that its empty.. Just it wont boot correctly with out

the Hard drives are plugged in Via esata and im stumped.
can you clone the empty hard drive? after you clone it, power down htpc and remove the full hard drive. start the pc with the cloned hard drive!
where do I put the cloned Hard Drive if I take the actual Hard Drive out?

I think reinstalling may be my only option..
toymachine2009 Wrote:where do I put the cloned Hard Drive if I take the actual Hard Drive out?

I think reinstalling may be my only option..
well, your cloned hard drive is your empty drive. you can leave it in the same place.
bluray Wrote:well, your cloned hard drive is your empty drive. you can leave it in the same place.

But I need that hard drive for the new build...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help with a build0