Replacement Speakers?
Question 
I have a samsung home theatre system like the one below:

http://reviews.cnet.com/home-theater-sys...71055.html

Problem is the rear right speaker blew, and now i'm down to only one rear speaker. Anyone know a way to buy the one speaker? I've looked and can't find the specific model- if I can't find it whats the best alternative? Get two matching rear speakers? Any suggestions?
oh boy, when u got a kit like that, you need to contact SAMSUNG :/
I would probably just pick up two new speakers, and I would probably just replace/upgrade the fronts and relegate the fronts to the rear. So long as the system can handle a typical 8ohm load, you should have any trouble finding replacements.

There's a chance you could find a replacement driver (i.e. the actual "speaker" cone+voicecoil inside), but if it blew once, it's obviously a weak point.

I'm a fan of Parts Express. I haven't tried any of these products, but I see some potential for inexpensive replacements here:
http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/sea...rchCat=766
They're probably better suited as rears, but they could very well be better than the Samsung speakers.

Otherwise small speakers are out of my element. The only ones I would consider are probably a bit above and beyond what you're looking for. If you want to upgrade, consider something along the lines of Paradigm Atom bookshelf speakers. If you look for used, you may find something for around $100. That's just off the top of my head; I'm pretty familiar with Paradigm, but there's plenty of good bookshelf speakers out there. My rears are Boston Acoustics HD8 bookshelf speakers that I picked up used for $75 about 11 years ago.
Intel G620 2.6Ghz | 4GB DDR3 | ASRock H61M-GE | ASUS ENGT430 | 30GB Kingston SNV125-S2 SSD | 2TB Seagate ST2000DL003 HDD | Lite-On IHOS104-06 Blu-ray Drive | LIANLI PC-C39 Case | Antec EA-380D PSU | WIN7 HOME Prem 64bit | Dharma 10.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacement Speakers?0