Scraper Issues
First and foremost, yes, I am new to the XBMC Forum. If I am posting in the wrong place, or not including something in my post, I apologize.

Lately I am having issues with the IMDb and TVdb scrapers not retrieving the information. It started yesterday with the TVdb not getting information (Error is "No Information Available.") for shows that I KNOW are available, for example The Big Bang Theory or Terra Nova. Today, IMDb is having issues fetching information for movies that I KNOW are available, such as the STAR WARS saga or The Dark Knight. And the TVdb is having the same issues as yesterday.

The weird thing is that the default search used when I select the update library for any folder that is set for either movies or TV, the Default Scraper is Music Videos from the MTV scraper, which is weird since I have my Music Videos set through the Yahoo Music Video scraper.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Try updating to the nightly build. I assume you are not using it.
Use tvdb for tv and themoviedb for movies. The imdb scraper is not excellent.
Otherwise provide a logfile or we can't help you much.
g-off Wrote:Try updating to the nightly build. I assume you are not using it.
Use tvdb for tv and themoviedb for movies. The imdb scraper is not excellent.
Otherwise provide a logfile or we can't help you much.

Totally disagree with the scrapers. IMDB does VERY well, while themoviedb is incomplete and has poor plot descriptions, etc. Most people have problems with the IMDB because their files are not named properly, making it nearly impossible to find the correct movies.

Out of almost 3000 movies, IMDB scraper was unable to find MAYBE 3.
blacklist Wrote:Most people have problems with the IMDB because their files are not named properly, making it nearly impossible to find the correct movies.

So if you want something that will find all your movies and then get it wrong then imdb is perfect for you. I am reasonably OCD about my media but I can't be arsed jumping through all that hoops that scraper needs.

Use what you like but imho imdb is for masochists.
g-off Wrote:Try updating to the nightly build. I assume you are not using it.

No, I wasn't. I had no idea what a "Nightly" was before you mentioned something. I am installing it now. Hopefully it works.

blacklist Wrote:
g-off Wrote:Use tvdb for tv and themoviedb for movies. The imdb scraper is not excellent.
Totally disagree with the scrapers. IMDB does VERY well, while themoviedb is incomplete and has poor plot descriptions, etc. Most people have problems with the IMDB because their files are not named properly, making it nearly impossible to find the correct movies.

Out of almost 3000 movies, IMDB scraper was unable to find MAYBE 3.

I completely agree with you, Blacklist. Before these issues arose, there was no problems with IMDb. They were fairly forgiving with movie titles and associating them.
g-off Wrote:So if you want something that will find all your movies and then get it wrong then imdb is perfect for you. I am reasonably OCD about my media but I can't be arsed jumping through all that hoops that scraper needs.

Use what you like but imho imdb is for masochists.

If you want to be absolutely sure to have movies matched, use EMM-r and let it write your nfo, then use its batch renamer function to rename your files and folders to something like:

M:\A.Charlie.Brown.Christmas[1965][tt0059026]\A.Charlie.Brown.Christmas[1965][tt0059026].mkv

Where tt0059026 is the IMDB id. Ensures you will always get the correct results, even if you have to rescrape. Now THAT'S OCD.
I have since corrected the issue. I am pretty sure that what was going on was the XBMC on ATV2 just got too clogged with data. For those having this issue in the future, SSH into the Apple TV and navigate to:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other

Remove the log data and cached memory from there.

Such a simple issue, I feel stupid for not taking care of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper Issues0