External Player Support
I am trying to set up a custom playercorefactory file so that I can use an external player only on certain files. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working. I have made an advancedsettings file that works, but that opens all my files in the external player, which is not what I want. Here is my files contents:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*Hi10P.*|.*10bit.*|.*1080.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I've tried changes the "filename=" field to just "720" to see if that would work, and it doesn't work either. I am putting it in the Roaming/XBMC/userdata folder. Any help?
I have some new information, so I am trying to get this to work with videos that either use the plexbmc plugin or plex itself. If someone could help me out, I would really appreciate it. People on the plex forum tend to not really understand the xbmc backend which plex is based on.

Anyways, like I said, the advancedsettings works with both PLEX and the plugin, but the above file wasn't working. I tried removing part of it to see if the file was even being read, so I save the playercorefactory the following way:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

When the file is like this, it works, but even stranger is that any file play in MPC-HC, not just mkv. I think it could be that when a file is sent from the Plex Media Server, the filename is not sent, or not shown the same way, so there is no way to search it. Is there any other way I can get this done? I really just need files that have FLAC or TruHD audio or have Ordered Chapters to play in MPC-HC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
A debug log will give you more information about how XBMC is processing the file. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Play a suitable test video then stop it and close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
I'm stealing this thread a bit since I have a question that kind of has to do with the above.

I use Plex as well now. And using the above playercorefactory file works. However if I use the one that I have on my XBMC it doesn't. The only difference between it and the one above is that I use AutoFrequency as well (so AF starts MPC-HC) for the refresh rate to get synced. Sot I have the following:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Program Files\AutoFrequency\AutoFrequency.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I don't understand why it works with XBMC but not with Plex. And especially not since changing the filename to the direct mpc-hc file makes it work on both. Any ideas?
If the problem is with Plex you need to ask in the Plex forum.

JR
@jhsrennie - totally off-the-wall but just noticed you lived in Chester - used to go through there quite a bit - beautiful city Nod
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:@jhsrennie - totally off-the-wall but just noticed you lived in Chester - used to go through there quite a bit - beautiful city Nod

It is! I ended up in Chester by accident when I got offered a job locally, but I love the area :-)

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Player Support0