freedb archive integration into XBMC (local CDDB database)
hi,

i'd like to see freedb integration with xbmc in the local archive file as well as with the freedb servers. the local archive of freedb is around 2gb in tar file so i think the space should not be trouble with modded xbox users. this is quiet useful feature and i think one of the coolest too.

hope to see this soon.

sachin
dont know, if that has been mentioned before, but xbmc has a webserver built in.

the donwloadable freedb database has just to be copied to a webserver and then xbmc could be able to access to http://localhost/freedb/ and finds the database there - offline.

never tried this, but in theory this could work..
i'm in the process of trying this one out, just bought another box and an lcd screen to use for my in-car audio system, downloaded the local freedb y-day.
doing this so that i can rip cd's on the fly (or drive i should say)
i'm far from finishing this project though, if i can get the freedb to work locally then (if i remember) i'll let you all know how i did it. :idea:
i'm modding an xbox for a friend who doesnt have net access, and who would like to rip his cd's on to it. you can download the full version of freedb. can you use this with xbmc? i.e. change the ip address in xboxmediacenter.xml to a the folder\file location of the freedb database?
Does anyone know, whether it's possible to configure XBMC in this way, that I can use a local copy of the CDDB in the harddisk?

The reason is that I don't have cable-modem access. But you can get the whole Database from freedb downloaded. After upgrading my harddisk to 200 GB it would be no problem to have the db on my hdd.

Thx in advance,

Rooster
not possible atm, no
I actually got this semi-working a while ago, using xbmc's web-server. The only problem is that the xbox has to have an IP address, so it has to be connected to something. I.E. I unplugged my modem from my router, searched for an album, and it worked. But you must have a router plugged in for it to do this. Any chance this feature will ever be implemented?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
freedb archive integration into XBMC (local CDDB database)0