Switch from differents audio output easily ?
Question 
Hello.

I was a Windows 7 Media Center user and a guy have developped a little plugin for easily switch from HDMI to OPTICAL for exemple.

Now, I'm using XBMC on a HTPC running under OpenELEC 1.0.2 and I'm looking for the same feature. Because, I think it's useless to use my A/V recever just for watching series with 2.0 audio track Confused

I've made some easy addon and I think that I'm quite able to do this addon.

This addon could work this way :
- set up audio output #1 in XBMC (HDMI, optical, ...)
- with the addon, backup guisettings.xml to guisettings_HDMI.xml for example.
- set up audio output #2 in XBMC (HDMI, optical, ...)
- with the addon, backup guisettings.xml to guisettings_OPTICAL.xml for example.

After that, it will be easy to switch from HDMI to optical by restoring the good guisettings.xml.

But how to make this change effective to XBMC ? Which command is use when you change your output in the settings ?

Tanks.
i _think_ you can do this already using the profiles functionality. Set 1 profile up to use HDMI and another to use optical.
Then you just switch profiles to change.

I've not tried this yet though
I will try the profiles functionality.
Smile 
mikebzh44 Wrote:I will try the profiles functionality.
Waiting for the result of your test !

Switching easily (in one only Menu command) from an audio output to another one, would be so useful !

Thanks Smile
Jean-Max

OpenELEC on 2 ZBOX
KODI on 4 Windows PC
Sad 
Hello,

Yesterday night, I created on my Zbox AD10 one profile with user audio setup set to HDMI and another one, set to Analog

Choosing HDMI Profile when boot : HDMI audio OK
Choosing Analog Profile when boot : Crash AD10 and all freeze : I must reboot from Putty or switch off/on the AD10
nb : Master profile (= previous setup) is on HDMI audio like it was before

-> Why Analog audio profile crashes ?
Perhaps because the /configfiles/asound.conf file has not been manually modified and is again in HDMI audio mode like it was before I created the 2 new profiles ?

Any idea ?

Thanks Smile
Jean-Max

OpenELEC on 2 ZBOX
KODI on 4 Windows PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch from differents audio output easily ?0