installing eden on atv2?
I currently have the latest nightly build of darwin on my atv2, but i am wondering if I should upgrade to eden or if it is too soon? do others have eden running on their atv2? if so, how is it?

I was looking for directions on how to install eden on atv2 and any directions i find seem to point to darwin nightlies. where can i find the eden nightlies for atv2?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_2

You're probably confusing the darwin in the url. It basically is just the codename or sth for Apple's IOS (and maybe even OSX). The previous XBMC version was Dharma, not Darwin. So those nightlies are pre-eden. Install it, you'll be happy.
oh yea you're right i did confuse darwin with dharma. so what exactly does pre-eden mean? I always thought that when people said pre-eden they were referring to the previous version (dharma)...

so are you saying that pre-eden actually is more like a beta version of eden?

so if i have one of the late november builds from here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/

then that is actually eden?

sorry i am new to xbmc and just trying to get all this straight lol.
Yea! Until it is officially realeased as stable, it is pre-eden.
Is there anything on the wiki, anywhere, that clearly and simply spells out the difference between Cydia, Darwin, Dharma, Eden, and pre-Eden as terminology? It seems like this type of question comes up a lot.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
newatv2user Wrote:Yea! Until it is officially realeased as stable, it is pre-eden.

ok gotcha - i'm on board now lol
canadave Wrote:Is there anything on the wiki, anywhere, that clearly and simply spells out the difference between Cydia, Darwin, Dharma, Eden, and pre-Eden as terminology? It seems like this type of question comes up a lot.

On the wiki whenever I come across the XBMC code names I will change them to say (for example) "XBMC v10 (Dharma)". Cydia has a Wikipedia link, and the documentation doesn't mention Darwin outside of the URL path.

A glossary is a fantatic idea, though.
Ned Scott Wrote:On the wiki whenever I come across the XBMC code names I will change them to say (for example) "XBMC v10 (Dharma)". Cydia has a Wikipedia link, and the documentation doesn't mention Darwin outside of the URL path.

A glossary is a fantatic idea, though.

Good...I think an entry in the FAQ, not just a glossary article, might be a good idea too.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
installing eden on atv2?0