Update cache with new logo, clearart, poster
Hi,

It seems that once a logo, clearart, landscape, banner or poster has been added to the skin, there is no way to change it.

Downloading a new one via the skin, does properly download the new item into the folder, but the cached image of the old one remains in the skin.

Is there any solution to this?
planejumper Wrote:Hi,

It seems that once a logo, clearart, landscape, banner or poster has been added to the skin, there is no way to change it.

Downloading a new one via the skin, does properly download the new item into the folder, but the cached image of the old one remains in the skin.

Is there any solution to this?

It wil change after 24hours if all goes well. I'm working on a hack that will instantly do that.
This should be so for ' logo, clearart, landscape, banner'
Not sure about poster. Best way to do it now i guess is use 'Get thumb' and chose the local one.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:It wil change after 24hours if all goes well. I'm working on a hack that will instantly do that.
This should be so for ' logo, clearart, landscape, banner'
Not sure about poster. Best way to do it now i guess is use 'Get thumb' and chose the local one.

Thanks!

But as for the poster, won't choosing 'Get Thumb' only change the banner and not the poster? want to change the poster that is displayed when the info button is selected for a show... To select it from info, under logo | poster

How can I have it display the poster.jpg image instead of the cached copy of the one first downloaded?
planejumper Wrote:Thanks!

But as for the poster, won't choosing 'Get Thumb' only change the banner and not the poster? want to change the poster that is displayed when the info button is selected for a show... To select it from info, under logo | poster

How can I have it display the poster.jpg image instead of the cached copy of the one first downloaded?

It depends on what the scraper settings are. If you selected prefer poster when scraping there should be no problem using 'get thumb'. Do not know what happens when you set it to banner.

Think BigNoid made some changes in the last few days and i'm not sure on what he uses now in the skin. Should be some settings in skinsettings.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:It depends on what the scraper settings are. If you selected prefer poster when scraping there should be no problem using 'get thumb'. Do not know what happens when you set it to banner.

Think BigNoid made some changes in the last few days and i'm not sure on what he uses now in the skin. Should be some settings in skinsettings.

Yes, but I like it to download the banners as the thumb, and not the poster. I just want the poster that I download using thelogo,clearart,showthumb,poster script to display properly when you select info on a show.
I am having the same problem. I can select a new thumb ( either local or remote ) and it will flick up then immediatly return to the thumb for the 1st movie in my collection.

Ive tried refresshing from the internet and locally and it still keeps the same thumb for all my movies. However its only in the movie information view. Showcase views etc have the correct thumbs.

Any ideas ?
Oh right, that's because there was a request to autoload folder.jpg in movie information because those thumbs are usually higher quality.
Big_Noid Wrote:Oh right, that's because there was a request to autoload folder.jpg in movie information because those thumbs are usually higher quality.

Sorry BG , if im being a pain. So this is a by design. So how do i get my movies to display the correct thumb. Not all 700 showing the thumb from the 1st movie alphabetically.

Cheers in advance.
OldTerrier Wrote:Sorry BG , if im being a pain. So this is a by design. So how do i get my movies to display the correct thumb. Not all 700 showing the thumb from the 1st movie alphabetically.

Cheers in advance.

Update to latest git Wink
I removed the folder.jpg texture because with todays scrapers it's not needed anymore.
Smile 
Big_Noid Wrote:Update to latest git Wink
I removed the folder.jpg texture because with todays scrapers it's not needed anymore.

Sorted. Big Grin

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update cache with new logo, clearart, poster0