• 1(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
If you want to enjoy all the original Blu-ray menus, chapters, previews, 3d, etc, XBMC external player might be your best option at the moment. Here are external player files for MPC-HC, TMT5 and PDVD11 (follow the simple steps below):

1. Download- AnyDVD HD (you have 14 days free trail)
2. Download- Virtual CloneDrive (it's free)
3. Download- XBMC Current Stable Release: 12.3 “Frodo” (if you want to use TMT5 or PowerDVD11 to playback most bluray files, you can skip steps #4 to #8 and go straight to TMT5 and PowerDVD11 files below.)
4. Download- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
5. Download- MPC-HC (it's free) and (your TMT5 or PowerDVD11)
6. Download- FFDshow (it's free and you needs it for bitstreaming with MPC-HC)
7. Follow these simple steps- (configure FFDshow and MPC-HC)

8. Download these XBMC external player files (Playercorefactory, PlayDisc, PalyISO)
a. place the files in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
b. make sure that the directory paths for MPC-HC, TMT5, PowerDVD11 or whatever player you decide to use matches the directory inside Playercorefactory, PlayBDMV, PlayDisc and PlayISO

If you are using MCE Remote Control, you will like this XBMC launcher: XBMClauncher and Instruction.

TMT5 and PowerDVD11 files (if you're using PowerDVD11, you need to replace TMT5 with PowerDVD11 in .bat and .xml). These files will allow you to playback blu-ray disc, iso, m2ts, mkv, avi and ts using TMT5 or PowerDVD11, and XBMC internal player playback all other files (mp4/jpg/etc).

Instruction- download the files below and then follow a./b. instructions above:
1. Playcorefactory
2. PlayDisc
3. PlayISO

Note: make sure to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output......

You should be able to playback all Blu-ray files in 1080P video and DTS-HD/TrueHD audio using above external player files! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Minor quibble (very minor really):

bluray Wrote:If you are using MCE Remote Control, you will like this XBMC launcher: XBMClauncher and Instruction.

This is only needed if you're using a remote that doesn't use the eHome driver, i.e. not a Microsoft remote, HP remote, or other MS compatible remote. With eHome remotes you can configure the green button to do anything you want including starting XBMC.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Minor quibble (very minor really):

This is only needed if you're using a remote that doesn't use the eHome driver, i.e. not a Microsoft remote, HP remote, or other MS compatible remote. With eHome remotes you can configure the green button to do anything you want including starting XBMC.

JR
Thanks. I found that this launcher is very consistent. It's working great with my HP remote. I'm trying to make it as simple as possible for others to use it. It's ready out of the box sort of speak. Smile
Just to add a couple more points-

1. For ArcSoft TMT5 user- you need to make sure that you use uMCEPlayer5.exe launcher so that MCE remote will work more fluently.

2. For MPC-HC user- you can set "Exit" VK_BACK for keyboard "Backspace" and Media_Stop for MCE remote "Stop" button.

These steps will allow you to return to XBMC main menu! Smile
Quote:3. Download- XBMC 11.0 (you'll enjoy all the latest options)
That's still pre-Eden, right?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
ArieS Wrote:That's still pre-Eden, right?
Yes! You can use the external player code with Dharma 10.1 too! Smile
I'm already using MPC with Dharma.
It's just I don't know when Eden will be released in its final version...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
The playercorefactory.xml has your user information in it. I.E. that path has the user "Dell"

A suggestion might be that folks modify the file already on there system, adding in the requirements to support the items you mentioned.

Some addon's (like XBMC Flicks) require links in the playercorefactory file as well, so just a heads up for folks using this that they will need to retain the settings that addon injects into the playercorefactory.xml file to use the addon.
fekker Wrote:The playercorefactory.xml has your user information in it. I.E. that path has the user "Dell"

Here are the notes in OP:

a. place the files in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
b. make sure that the directory locations of all MPC-HC/TMT5/PowerDVD or whatever player you decide to use matches the directory inside IsoPlayer/BdPlayer/Playercorefactory codes.
bluray Wrote:3. Download- XBMC 11.0 (you'll enjoy all the latest options)

It's probably a better idea to download a recent nightly from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/ instead of that more than a month old build that you have uploaded.

Instead of writing "C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\XBMC" you can write "%appdata%\XBMC" it's a shortcut to appdata\roaming for the current user in Windows Smile.
0wing Wrote:It's probably a better idea to download a recent nightly from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/ instead of that more than a month old build that you have uploaded.
It's something for others to try. I tried the 11 and the nightlies, but I still preferred the good old stable Dharma with Confluence till the new stable released version. Smile

0wing Wrote:Instead of writing "C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\XBMC" you can write "%appdata%\XBMC" it's a shortcut to appdata\roaming for the current user in Windows Smile.
As long as you enter the correct directory locations in bat/xml files, it don't make significant different. Smile
5. Download- [url=http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/download-media-player-classic-hc.htm Wrote:MPC-HC [/url] (it's free) and (your TMT5 or PowerDVD11)
6. Download- FFDshow (it's free and you needs it for bitstreaming with MPC-HC)
7. Follow these simple steps- (configure FFDshow and MPC-HC)

Smile

Trying to configure like you said, and I was going along nicely until I got to the MPCHC adding external Filters. Installed FFDshow and configured it like you said but I don't see ffdshowAudio Decoder as an option in the select filters section. I tried to browse and tell it where to go but I don't seem to be able to figure it out yet.

Reinstalled FFdshow and still dont see it.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple. What did I miss Smile
wazzey Wrote:Trying to configure like you said, and I was going along nicely until I got to the MPCHC adding external Filters. Installed FFDshow and configured it like you said but I don't see ffdshowAudio Decoder as an option in the select filters section. I tried to browse and tell it where to go but I don't seem to be able to figure it out yet.

Reinstalled FFdshow and still dont see it.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple. What did I miss Smile
Here is how you get to it:

1. Double click MPC-HC on your Desktop
2. Click View-->Options-->External Filter-->Add Filter
3. Select FFDShow Audio Decoder-->Click OK-->Select Prefer
4. Click Add Filter-->Scroll to the Right-->Select Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decode-->Click OK-->Select Block-->Click OK

You're done!
Thanks for replying. My problem is that The FFDshow audio decoder isn't listed.

Still messing with it
Well, it might be helpful if I would have downloaded the correct 64 bit version of FFDshow instead of the 32 bit version Smile
Thanks again...
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13