Acer Revo 3700 - Add RAM or SSD?
Orclas Wrote:Don't go too cheap though, you dont want your sysdisk to fail on you Wink

Yeah, trying to avoid the OCZ ones Eek

There's nothing on there though, and my XBMC settings are back up regularly though Smile
Scottland Wrote:Yeah, trying to avoid the OCZ ones Eek

+1
Patriot have some nice SSD drives and seem to be more reliable that OCZ. Backups are nice, but the RMA process with OCZ is agonizing. And, if you have to go through it two or three or more times, it's not worth any savings on the drives. Even once, the postage and downtime is worth a little extra for a different brand.
Scottland Wrote:Thanks for the replies chaps, it's x64 W7 I'm running - and I do occasionally use it for other stuff so I'd prefer to keep Windows on (Plus I'm a Microsoft fanboy :p).
Me too, and I never use any OS other than MS Windows. I still have several DOS machines too. I enjoy messing around with DOS commands! Smile

4GB is perfect for W7 x64! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
tried to upgr from 2g ram to 4g ram. had two 1 g cards in. the plastic arms securing the top one in were cheap and thin. I was trying to spread them so the top card would pop loose, but it didnt. I guess thats what it was sppose to do. I cld feel the plastic was at a critical pt, but the card is still locked in there. finally they snapped shattered. then the card slid out. that top slot must be ruined now - you think? the card slides in real nice an ez now, but wont be able to snap it down:angry. friggin sht! %#@&%$#!!!!! well, do they make 4g ram cards for this deviceHuh?Angry
(2012-12-04, 21:58)keno Wrote: tried to upgr from 2g ram to 4g ram. had two 1 g cards in. the plastic arms securing the top one in were cheap and thin. I was trying to spread them so the top card would pop loose, but it didnt. I guess thats what it was sppose to do. I cld feel the plastic was at a critical pt, but the card is still locked in there. finally they snapped shattered. then the card slid out. that top slot must be ruined now - you think? the card slides in real nice an ez now, but wont be able to snap it down:angry. friggin sht! %#@&%$#!!!!! well, do they make 4g ram cards for this deviceHuh?Angry

This sounds like a job for me!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo 3700 - Add RAM or SSD?0