Invalid format?
Hi guys! Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Recently set up an HTPC in my bedroom, and installed XBMC on my desktop running Win 7 Ultimate, i3, 1Tb, 8 Gb ram.

Every one of my video files is in .avi, yet on a small percentage of them via XBMC, my tv display hangs, with the message 'invalid format' on a black screen, though I can sometimes hear the audio coming through. When I eventually and randomly get back onto a proper display, XBMC has resorted to a smaller viewing pane with the video running but clicking the video file to full screen hangs the display again.

I should say that my tv is just wired up like a monitor, and therefore I assume it should have no say in what type of file is being played?

Tis an LG internet tv ( can't remember the model). I used to have an external HD hooked direct to tv via usb and sometime files wouldn't play but this was through the tv's GUI. And generally these files were not .avi, hence why I converted them all to the one format.

Lol! Realise I'm waffling a bit, but I'm hoping there is an easy fix to this!
Should also have said that VLC has no problem displaying the same files on the same setup.
moominboy Wrote:Should also have said that VLC has no problem displaying the same files on the same setup.

Well.. It might help I you could provice some technical specs about the clip that tips the system off cource.. You can use i.e MediaInfo to extract clip's tech specs. There is export option in the MediaInfo to produce raport. You might paste the content of it to pastebin.com and provide the link here.

Also Debug-Log of the Xbmc trying to play the clip might be needed. Smile
http://pastebin.com/j3eGmGeU xbmc log

http://pastebin.com/M42u1fyC file data from media info.

Thanks for that mate, never knew about paste bin before! ;p
Shocked Ooops!
AVI? Let me see!

I never have AVI file, but I just playback one AVI file using "Nightly Builds". It playback fine.

Since you are having problem with video, have you try these XBMC video output options?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I suspect that the rogue AVIs are using a refresh rate that your TV doesn't support, and you have the "adjust refresh rate" setting enabled in System settings, Video, Playback. Try disabling this setting. Your log doesn't show you playing a video. If changing the setting doesn't fix the problem record a debug log while playing one of the rogue AVIs.

Incidentally, in System settings, System, Video output there's a setting "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen". You have this setting enabled. On many PCs disabling this setting will give better playback.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Invalid format?0