• 11(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now
any changed/update log ?
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
RichH Wrote:No problem at all, it is just that as a 32 bit app it does not fully utilise all available RAM. System has 8 gig so only way to fully use that was if XBMC was a 64 bit app. Hence my question, if there was any plans to release a 64 bit version at some stage.

There's no reason for XBMC to ever need that much memory. What they need to do is fix the long-running memory leak so that XBMC stays around the 1GB mark and doesn't spool out into every bit of available memory if you leave it running.
Intel G620 + Nvidia GeForce 210
RAM: 4GB / SSD: 120GB Intel X25-M
Storage: Synology DS1511+ (12.5TB usable)
cfg9000 Wrote:There's no reason for XBMC to ever need that much memory. What they need to do is fix the long-running memory leak so that XBMC stays around the 1GB mark and doesn't spool out into every bit of available memory if you leave it running.

While I absolutely agree that the leak should be fixed, I cannot help but disagree with the rest of your statement.

Yes, XBMC should not "NEED" more memory.

BUT it should be able to use it eventually - for whatever purpose.
You could implement a setting that tells XBMC how much memory it is allowed to use (if you don't want it to use all of it).

I have loads of 4-6GB Movies (and many smaller TV Show Episodes) on my HDDs, why shouldn't XBMC be able to buffer them completely into RAM and let the drives sleep...^^

Cheers
Stefan
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta2 available now
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now1