[WIN] NFS shares ?
hello,

I've been using XBMC 10.1 (with MQ2 / 3 skin on windows7 ultimate) for a while.
But I've noticed that some 1080p won't stream quite well (Gbit connection).

I've make shares via SMB to my movie PC.

Is it possible to setup NFS shares ?
On my media server I running Hanewin NFS server, but I can't find out how to connect my XBMC using NSF. When I look in the add network location there is no NFS option.

On my XBMC PC the NFS client support is activated.

Are NFS share possible with XBMC 10.1 ?
As far as I know the answer is no for the 10.1 but if you upgrade to the beta it will have that option, it is what I am using.
block134 Wrote:As far as I know the answer is no for the 10.1 but if you upgrade to the beta it will have that option, it is what I am using.

Ok can I upgrade without any problems with my movie database and skin? (MQ2 skin)
You'll be fine upgrading to 11 beta - just backup your userdata folder first to ensure you don't lose settings. sometimes the guisettings.xml gets hosed, no one is sure why.

Also, you might want to move to MQ3, which supports Eden (v11) -- MQ2 might not work properly.

I just started using NFS shares (from my Synology NAS) yesterday... WAY faster - less startup time, faster folder refreshes, etc. VERY happy.

One more thing.... it is easier to manually edit your sources.xml when moving to NFS. Just change your SMB:// to NFS:// and don't forget to include the NFS path. Example... NFS://volume1/Movies
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
You need MQ3
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIN] NFS shares ?0