[Apple TV2] Wake my Server when powering ATV2 on
Hey there!

All my music/pictures/video is on a Windows Home Server 2011 which I manually power on by wake-on-lan with my windows phone right before firing up xbmc.

I'd like to power on my server as soon as my ATV2 (with Eden beta1) is "powered on" (it's in some sort of standby mode I guess because it's back within one second). Are there any scripts executed when the device comes back?

If I start up XBMC without the server running, it just waits right before showing the splash-screen till the server is powered on - so a add-on in XBMC is no option...

Can anyone help me to get this wake-on-lan command to the right place on my ATV2?

Thanks in advance,
Lukas
No one?

I've already found out that there is no /etc/rcx.d/ folder on "macs" but i found /Library/LaunchDeamons and /Library/LaunchAgents.

But "apt-get install etherwake" or "wakeonlan" doesn't give me results. I have no idea how macs are different from linux - so, would be happy if anyone could help.

Thanks!
The appletv2 is not a Mac, while both OSX and iOS share the common darwin.

/etc/rcx.d is a Linuxisum, both OSX/iOS are BSD and use launchd instead of init.
davilla Wrote:The appletv2 is not a Mac, while both OSX and iOS share the common darwin.

/etc/rcx.d is a Linuxisum, both OSX/iOS are BSD and use launchd instead of init.
And can you tell me how to use launchd to place a wake-on-lan command on every boot or resume from standby?

Or otherwise how to configure xbmc to execute a script/wol-command in an early phase of its startup (before waiting for the database)?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV2] Wake my Server when powering ATV2 on0