Scanning Pictures slow opening of dirs.
Apols if this already been covered, ive had a quick search but cant find anthing or im using the wrong terms.

I have a pretty big pic collection (on my Qnap box) taken with my high pixel camera and it takes ages to scan a dir when i wish to open it to view pics.Is there a way I can set my ATV2 of to do the scan over night and libary all the pics so when I go to a dir they are there right way.I opened a dir just before posting this 140 pics took neary 22 mins to open.
im running xbmc 11 1 beta on ios 4.3

Regards and Thanx

FLY
Fly100 Wrote:Apols if this already been covered, ive had a quick search but cant find anthing or im using the wrong terms.

I have a pretty big pic collection (on my Qnap box) taken with my high pixel camera and it takes ages to scan a dir when i wish to open it to view pics.Is there a way I can set my ATV2 of to do the scan over night and libary all the pics so when I go to a dir they are there right way.I opened a dir just before posting this 140 pics took neary 22 mins to open.
im running xbmc 11 1 beta on ios 4.3

Regards and Thanx

FLY

I don't use xbmc for pics (yet) so im in the dark, but maybe it's creating thumbnails with might take long(er) on the atv2

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...erformance
switch off thumb gen (although it's under video, I don't know if it has an impact on picture, maybe there is an option for that)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning Pictures slow opening of dirs.0