Crazy thumbnails behavior.
Hi everybody. I have installed Xbmc 10.1 two days ago. I have never used it before. It's a very cool looking software. I'm very grateful to those who developed it.

BUT, I'm having a hard time trying to setup my music collection.

One of my problems is that sometimes Xbmc put some horrible looking thumbnails for some of my discs (not all), I don't know were it takes it from...

I tried to disable the following: the two Allmusic "services ?"; search for thumbnails on remote shares; download information during updates and update library at startup.

I deleted all thumbnails at user\appdata\roaming\etc; cleaned the library; deleted the library... and when I recreate my library the same horrible thumbnails are back!!!!!!!!

I even uninstalled and reinstalled Xbmc and cleaned up my disc... and the same thumbnails are back.

The other problem is when I try to change the thumbnails. Sometimes it just don't work. It have a very strange behavior... it's even difficult to describe...

when there's a lowres thumbnail (that came from nowhere) and I try to change it, I have to try many times (sometimes I have to go to user\appdata\etc and delete the old one and rename the new to the same name from the old one) and even close Xbmc and reopen it... some times it just works from the get go...

when there's no previous thumbnail, some times it work... but for some reason, sometimes I can't put any thumbnail, no matter how many times I try.

My system is at c:\, and Xbmc is at its default path.
All my music is at: f:\music\home, each album in its own folder with its cover inside a folder. eg: f:\music\home\[Ac Dc][1974] High Voltage [Vinyl]\artwork\cover.png

I just want to choose my thumbnails.

Thanks for your time.
Anybody?
have you tried adding the release year of the album to the title, seems to clear things up with other forms of media.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:have you tried adding the release year of the album to the title, seems to clear things up with other forms of media.

The release year is in the folder name: [Ac Dc][1974] High Voltage [Vinyl]... I don't know if it's what you mean.

The funny thing is that I need to go to "Album information" and "get thumb" about ten times to change the thumbnail and it isn't certain that it will work... if there was no thumbnail previously, it stay there, but if there was already a thumbnail (that I don't know from where it came, I just know that it isn't from my Pc), it will be go back to the default one when I reset Xbmc...

All my songs are flac files, so I believe these low quality thumbs aren't coming from any tag system...

EDIT: hmm... apparently flac has a tag system... i didn't know that...

EDIT 2: I downloaded Mp3tag to edit my flac tags, none of my files have cover thumbs embedded (so the low quality thumbs aren't coming from it) and adding it didn't help either.
If I delete all the content of "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails" and reset Xbmc, these thumbs will still be there. Where are these thumbs being stored? Where these thumbs are coming from?

EDIT 3: I was wrong, the thumbs are embedded in the flac file, I can see it using tag&Rename but I couldn't delete it. Do you know how I can Delete it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crazy thumbnails behavior.0