No XBMC in Apple TV menu.....
Brand new Apple TV 2. Just downgraded it IOS 4.3 jailbroken. Followed the same instructions as I did last week (I set up on with Pre-Eden for an xmas present) but this time Eden Beta 1 installed. XBMC doesn't even show up in Apple TV menu. Nito TV is not installeed. I followed the instructions in the XBMC WIKI. I also tried apt-get update && apt-get upgrade twice, and apt-get dist-upgrade. Still no XBMC in the Apple TV menu. Any ideas? I know it's beta, but I had the pre-Eden working fine last week.

-hogfan
Same here. I jaik broke my 4.3 and got the FireCore logo then I followed the Eden Beta 1 instructions in the wiki with Putty and SSH and now the apple logo is back but there is no XBMC on the menu. Help!
I also followed the tutorial in the wiki but found this didnt work for me, im on 4.4.4.

I had to installed NitoTV and then install xbmc from NitoTV
same here. no XBMC. i dont have nito installed. is it necessary for eden?
Since yesterday I actually lost everything that I have/had installed since I jailbroke like a month ago... Firecore, XBMC, PLEX, etc.

If I SSH into the atv2 I can see that the files are still there, but weirdly the menu's in Frontrow just disapeared.
Something else that all these depend on got broken. We're trying to isolate it now.
I have the same problem. Followed the wiki, xbmc gone from the menu. Hopefully someone finds a solution that doesn't require a complete reinstall. Luckily I have a WDTV as a backup so I'm not that impatient.
Wondering if restoring to factory defaults and jailbreak again might solve the issue?

Not complaining or anything, it's just that I will be moving houses tomorrow and will not have internet for a week, so it would be nice to have some stuff to watch Smile
samukas Wrote:Wondering if restoring to factory defaults and jailbreak again might solve the issue?
That is what I did in the end- I gave up trying to fix it, just did a jailbreak again and re-installed xbmc following the wiki. Now it seems to work OK.
Got xbmc back in the menu by using the commands stated in another thread.

Quote:apt-get update
apt-get -u dist-upgrade
I had to run the last one with --fix-missing.
the real fix seems to have been mobilesubstrate, which was recently updated to fix the issues people were having.

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

or the various other similar commands like dist-upgrade or using NitoTV's "update all", should all be able to grab that new copy of mobilesubstrate and fix the missing menus and such.
i ended up just starting over. itunes restore, seas0npass JB and reinstall XBMC from scratch. had terrible trouble with the JB but i guess that's for another thread. all seems fine now though

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No XBMC in Apple TV menu.....0