Thinking of getting XBMC
Also, VGA will work just fine. It's how my girlfriend's redundant laptop/XBMC player is setup.

Unless anyone is running more than 2048×1536px that is.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
shouldn't this be in the Hardware section of the forum?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Logicaluser Wrote:Your GTX 260 will work just fine with a DVI to HDMI adapter

DVI/HDMI are pin for pin identical, and modern video cards can output an "HDMI" signal over their DVI connectors, even including audio in many cases.

IIRC for the GTX 260/280 the HDMI audio was via SPDIF passthrough like the 9000 series

It requires a 2wire cable running from a small connector/pins (near the SLI bridge typically) on the card to the SPDIF output header pins on most motherboards that have digital/optical audio

Once setup correctly there is no real reason to switch cards for one with an actual HDMI port
GTX 260 will work fine with both audio/video over DVI to HDMI cable, but his motherboard have to have SPDIF header. I used similar DVI to HDMI and SPDIF cables as these (AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter and 2p GTX 260 HDMI SPDIF Audio Cable) in my previous PC. Both audio and video worked fine with my AVR and HDTV via HDMI. He have to verify his MOBO to make sure that it have SPDIF header. Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Im not sure if i do have spdif connections on the mobo, ill check. I do have a X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion sound card which i think has SPDIF but not a 100%

Edit; Appently it does;
* Supports SPDIF Out compressed AC3 signal or PCM for Stereo Digital Speakers
** Supports SPDIF In with Creative Digital I/O Module (sold separately)

But im not sure if thats what im after? I could easily just run an audio cable through a spilter so ones going to my monitor and the other to the tv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thinking of getting XBMC0