Not using a reciver, instead active speakers, possible?
Hi all.

I will not use XBMC with an external reciver. Instead i want to use the xbmc computer soundcard six analog line level outputs directly connected to 6 active speakers (5.1 setup).

Questions:

Is there a way to set a default sound level on xbmc startup?

Is there anyway to do speaker management, meaning bandpass filtering, EQ adjusting and delay for each speaker?
I assume you're talking Live, since you're in this subforum and don't appear to be a linux guy (which I'm also not...). I can't answer your question, but XBMC/underlying OS uses Alsamixer and that's at least a start for googling can and can'ts.

I have not tinkered around with it, but I think you can both change settings within the actual mixer and via some settings file.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Will answer my self, after reading all 80pages of new AE engine development tread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78289 i understand more of how it is working today and what is in the pipeline.

New AE has a huge new set of features for the audio handling and will be cool when it is ready. However what i am asking for is not even on the map for the new AE. So i think best way for me is to use an external gizmo to mangle the sound as i need it.

Thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not using a reciver, instead active speakers, possible?0