Great wireless router and adapter...!
eskro Wrote:mii want the Linksys E4200 Tongue
You can have it for $99.99 with free two shipping- Linksys Refurbished E4200-RM. Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
$100 is a steaL!
eskro Wrote:$100 is a steaL!
What're you waiting for? Grab it before it's gone! Smile
Too my surprise, my wife PC with built-in wireless card get very good signal (5 bars) too. The download/upload speeds are almost as good as HTPC next to E3200 with Ethernet wire. The wireless router is in a very thick wood armoire and it's two rooms away too. This is definitely great stuff. I couldn't believe that I put up with D-link for so long. :o

nice up speeds. how much you pay/monthly?
eskro Wrote:nice up speeds. how much you pay/monthly?
$50/month. Below is the speedtest on Ethernet cable HTPC's. It surprise me how fast the ping speed too...!

god we get our a** raped here in Canada...
here's my $50/month cable 80GB allowed combined bandwith

Image Image
eskro Wrote:god we get our a** raped here in Canada...
here's my $50/month cable 80GB allowed combined bandwith

Image Image
To my surprise, the E3200 and AE250 can streams BD 26gb m2ts files over the network in full 1080P fine too. I never can do this with D-link. I bet if you pair the E3200 and E4200 with "Linksys Refurbished WET610N" you will able to stream all BD files over the network! Smile
probably sure too, Linksys devices rock!
So I had this sorta interesting plan of what I would do with the E4200 router. I have a normal crap 802.11g router provided by my ISP, which is hard connected to the wall. All of the necessary settings from the ISP are configured here.

I would hard connect the E4200 router to that, and then I'd hard connect the NAS to that and then connect all my other wireless devices to the 802.11n router instead for speed.

From there I was going to see about utilizing a VPN service, and I was going to try to have it start from the E4200 router. The idea being that I could have a guest 802.11g network that I could switch over to for tasks I didn't want to use the VPN connection for.

The primary function of course would be for UseNet access and your occassional torrent. Does this sound feasible?
Deviant Khan Wrote:The primary function of course would be for UseNet access and your occassional torrent. Does this sound feasible?

I don't know about the rest, but you should probably see if there's any way to put the ISP router into bridge mode. Double NAT could potentially lead to problems.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about just say so and I'll write a quick explanation.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
just ordered the e4200.. 107 usd after taxes. sucks that v2 is twice as much Sad hope I didn't make a mistake ordering the older one.
5meohd Wrote:just ordered the e4200.. 107 usd after taxes. sucks that v2 is twice as much Sad hope I didn't make a mistake ordering the older one.
If this is (Linksys Refurbished E4200-RM) what you ordered, you should be fine!
Deviant Khan Wrote:I would hard connect the E4200 router to that, and then I'd hard connect the NAS to that and then connect all my other wireless devices to the 802.11n router instead for speed.

From there I was going to see about utilizing a VPN service, and I was going to try to have it start from the E4200 router. The idea being that I could have a guest 802.11g network that I could switch over to for tasks I didn't want to use the VPN connection for.
It'll probably work as planned. The guest access is very good option too, because I don't have to give my guest the full access to all my junk folders.
no mistakes by going with e4200

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Great wireless router and adapter...!0