Eden Beta - DXVA Playback doesn't work with Geforce GTX 260
I just installed the new Eden Beta on a couple of my media centers. It works great on my intel board with onboard graphics using DXVA, but on my primary media center, it's another story.

The problem box specs:
Intel Core i3 CPU
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 ti GPU
4gigs DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 x64 OS

When I try to playback any HD files using DXVA, it is extremely choppy and shows large pixelation. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
I changed my video settings to use true fullscreen instead of a window, and restarted XBMC and the problem seems to be gone. I can now decode using DXVA properly.
scottbrant.net - Blog
ghostelement Wrote:I changed my video settings to use true fullscreen instead of a window, and restarted XBMC and the problem seems to be gone. I can now decode using DXVA properly.

hi there,

I'm looking at making a i3-2100 HTPC using the onboard graphics and XBMC but I've heard there are problems whereby it wont use DXVA2...is that right? Didn't you have the same problem or did you have to fit a discrete card to fix it?

Regards.
Disable DXVA2.
mudwiggle Wrote:hi there,

I'm looking at making a i3-2100 HTPC using the onboard graphics and XBMC but I've heard there are problems whereby it wont use DXVA2...is that right? Didn't you have the same problem or did you have to fit a discrete card to fix it?

Regards.

I did have problems using the onboard intel graphics when I first built this computer. However, I've heard that people have GPU decoded playback working with sandybridge now. I know for sure it works in OpenElec. I had planned on putting in a graphics card from the beginning since it's also a gaming machine, so it wasn't too much of a concern for me.
scottbrant.net - Blog
ghostelement Wrote:I did have problems using the onboard intel graphics when I first built this computer. However, I've heard that people have GPU decoded playback working with sandybridge now. I know for sure it works in OpenElec. I had planned on putting in a graphics card from the beginning since it's also a gaming machine, so it wasn't too much of a concern for me.

Thanks for the reply,
Do you know what was needed to get DXVA2 operating with windows 7?
I left dxva disabled, chose pixelshaders for rendering method and selected (full) de-interlace.

This gave me fantastic smooth 1080p playback, cpu-usage is around 10%. I'm using core-i3 2100T. It has Intel HD2000 graphics built in.

It seems the windows version is much ahead on Linux when it comes to using intel graphics, so i'm sticking to windows 7 for the moment.

Regards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Beta - DXVA Playback doesn't work with Geforce GTX 2600