Playing Video TS files
Firstly can I say how wonderful XBMC is. I installed it yesterday and I'm absolutely flabbergasted!!!I've already managed to import my music and movies and I can't believe how easy it was. Not being very good at that sort of thing I was well impressed.

I'm running it on a iBook PPC running 10.5.8 at the moment while i'm saving up for a Intel Mac and Apple TV so I can really make the most of XBMC.

I have searched the manual and found the following part about playing Video TS files

'Note, if your movie is ripped as VOB's and stored in a 'VIDEO_TS' folder, you will have to name the file 'VIDEO_TS.nfo' and place it in the same directory with the VIDEO_TS.ifo file'

I have no idea what this means. Where and how do i do this ,please? I have looked more into the manual as I know people get upset when people ask stuff when it's easy to search for it but I honestly don't know what to do.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Chinaski
you only have to put nfo files to guide the process. try the automatic first, it should be correct in 95% of cases.
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

What does 'you only have to put nfo files to guide the process' mean? and how do I do it?

What does 'try the automatic first' mean? and how do I try it?

Sorry but i really am wet behind the ears

Kind regards
.nfo files provide XBMC with information about the film. If a movie folder has a .nfo file xbmc will use that info rather than scrape the interwebs for the info and store it in the database. When you export your database (in the xbmc settings) it will create the .nfo file for you.

Spiff is suggesting you forgo the process of worrying about the .nfo file. Just put the video_ts folder on your movies directory and let xbmc scrape it whenever you update the library. If it gets it right then you don't have to do anything else.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Ah I see

I'll get on to it

Thank you
Whoopee. Done it. I found the stack button and it changes them all automatically. Brilliant.

Thanks for your help guys.

Chinaski

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing Video TS files0