rewinding about 5 seconds..
Hello!

I have an HTPC that I control with a Harmony universal remote. I had a catastrophic crash on my previous set up and lost everything. Other than the media lost, I'm at about 99% back to where I was regarding XBMC. The one thing that I cant seem to replicate is a 5 second rewind. I unfortunately dont remember which hacks and/or mods I had installed other than XBMC Windows Media Center Integration.

Essentially, what would happen was while playing a video, I could hit the exit button on my remote and it would skip back on the video about 5 seconds. It has a physical "EXIT" button, it wasn't a softbutton - btw.

I know hitting left or right on the directional pad will skip 30 seconds, but 5 seconds was immensely useful for rewatching a funny part in a video, or just catching something someone said because someone in the room made too much noise, etc. Anyway, I dont know how I originally had this working, unfortunately but I would be very grateful if someone knew how to make this happen.

Thanks for any help.

edit: my appologies, its the EXIT button Im worried about, not the BACK button. Sorry about that.
Try here
More specifically here
Not sure if this is what you are after, but you can remap a button to rewind 5 seconds from here
When you're playing a video the single quote key will jump back 7 seconds. The corresponding XBMC action is "smallstepback". You can either map the Exit button on your harmony to send a quote, or you can create a mapping for whatever keypress the Exit button sends to execute the "smallstepback" action.

JR
TheFonz Wrote:Try here
More specifically here
Not sure if this is what you are after, but you can remap a button to rewind 5 seconds from here

Hey! That website looks extremely familiar. I believe that's the hack I had in place before! I'm at work now so I'll have to see about the wifey testing it for me (installed it via remote desktop, ha! internetz) but I'm fairly confident that this fixes my problem. I'll be sure and update as soon as I know.

Thanks for the help fellas!
jhsrennie Wrote:When you're playing a video the single quote key will jump back 7 seconds. The corresponding XBMC action is "smallstepback". You can either map the Exit button on your harmony to send a quote, or you can create a mapping for whatever keypress the Exit button sends to execute the "smallstepback" action.

JR

You're absolutely right, I checked that out after I read your post, very cool! Now the question is assigning the " key to my remote's exit button. But, the link TheFonz posted seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. I'll update as soon as I know. Thanks for the suggestion, though, for sure.
That was exactly the fix I needed! Everything is back to normal. I'm only missing about a TB of shows and movies, but functionally speaking, I'm back 100%.

Thanks a lot!
Happy to help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rewinding about 5 seconds..0