XMBC controlled from a remote PC?
Hi,

I have a "server" computer in my basement that is hooked up to my stereo. I'm looking for some software I can have on that server to control playing back my music. I need that software to be able to be controller remotely from other PCs (or Android devices) that are on my home network (not internet).

Someone mentioned that XBMC might fit the bill so I'm looking for any info on how that works. Is there documentation specific to remotely controlling XBMC from another device including what options I would have available? I'd like to be able to have a queue of songs (like a jukebox would) and/or play songs randomly by genre or artist, and things like that.

If anyone can provide me any info or links to info on if this is possible and how it would work, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
For iPhone /iPad or Android devices you can find lots of remote options. For PC you could try teamviewer to control the other PC (the one with xbmc).
Well, I was hoping to find a program I didn't have to actually remote into the PC but it seems like that might be the only option.
I'm not sure, but you might control it via the webinterface that XBMC is providing. There are also some Addons that provide a different webinterface.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC controlled from a remote PC?0