Nvidia GeForce 210 SDDR3 - Will it play 1080p?
just like the title suggest i am wondering if a Nvidia GeForce 210 512mb SDDR3 graphics card can handle 1080p bluray playback in xbmc

i managed to win it in an auction off ebay brand new for about $33 including postage which isn't too bad as it is around that at my local pc store (but they were sold out)

i plan to use it with an Openelec Build i was using the onboard graphics on the MOBO which is a Asrock 880GMH/USB3 and had Radeon 4250 graphics

it is working well in windows but as most know AMD graphics does not work well in Linux builds and i really like the speed of openelec and the ease of use for other less technical family members

anyways just wondering if it will work well for the purpose

here is picture of one i bought

sorry double post Sad
yes it will!
Yes.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
yes it will!
great thanks for the info guys now i just need to find either a low profile bracket or a another nvidia card that is low profile for my other htpc which is in a slim Silverstone ML03 Case here in australia

i would assume most if not all nvidia cards will work well with linux based xbmc builds?
one final question i ask here so i don't create two threads

my friend wants an intel based HTPC and also wants to run it on openelec

he was looking at something like this to build it on

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main...s_id=18192

will the Intel HD 2000/3000 graphics be enough to support 1080p playback smoothly and is the graphics integrated on the CPU or is it onboard the MOBO

sorry to ask but has been a while since i built an intel based system and never build an intel based HTPC so not sure on this

BTW you may notice i mention i am using Asrock for all builds this is simply because they are good boards especially for their price beside don't really need high end for a HTPC anyways
if your GT210 GPU doesnt come with brackets,
you can probably find some on ebay...

and the onboard video is on the CPU itself.
i3 / i5 / i7
all have integrated video!

so, yes, its strong enough for 1080P.
but u may experience 24p issues of sandybridge
eskro Wrote:if your GT210 GPU doesnt come with brackets,
you can probably find some on ebay...

and the onboard video is on the CPU itself.
i3 / i5 / i7
all have integrated video!

so, yes, its strong enough for 1080P.
but u may experience 24p issues of sandybridge

thanks for the info Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia GeForce 210 SDDR3 - Will it play 1080p?0