Intermittent glitchy playback- dropping fps.
Question 
Hi All,

Im hoping someone can help me. I've always had this issue but never bothered investigating particularly but today I got really annoyed by it.

Basically ANY film I play using XBMC's internal player (and this is for both Eden and Dharma) regardless of format (i use m2ts, ts, primarily) will become glitchy during playback- almost like its buffering but still playing- just very juddery. It happens completely randomly and is not film specific or format specific from what I can work out.

Running the debug it appears what actually happens is my frames will drop from say 50fps to 25fps?! Annoyingly I forgot the debug effectivley clears itself every time you close xbmc and ive been doing other bits on my pc today meaning Ive opened and closed xbmc numerous times since that debug saved. even MORE annoyingly but I currently have Independence day playing with the debug running and its playing back faultlessly which is a first.

I did run a quick search but didnt turn up with much so I've attached a copy of my debug and hope someone can help me out!

My spec is as follows to assure you it isnt related:
i5 760
GTX460
4GB DDR3 Ram

I will get a debug up as soon as I can get the problem repeated with the debugger running, but id appreciate any feedback you have in the mean time/

Thanks
Grangey

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermittent glitchy playback- dropping fps.0