Apple TV 2 XBMC Source Not Displaying Meta Data
Sad 
Please forgive me. I'm very new at this so I will try to be as thorough as a noob can be.

Apple TV 2 iOS 4.4.4 installed Jailbroken with Seas0n Pass for 4.4.4. aFlashTV Black installed. NitoTV, Media Player and XBMC installed.

Add Video Source in XBMC under Movies. Chose UPnP device to find my Iomega wireless 1TB drive with all my damn movies on it. Drive is partitioned when you install the HD so, in my laptop, I see drives mapped to folders on the HD, i.e. 192.168.0.188/movies is X:\ 192.168.188/music is Y:/ etc.

Movie library is on X:. Inside are folders by movie name with movie name.avi and moviename.tbn, etc. I used Media Companion and later used MyMovies.dk to populate meta data and files.

Browse to the video folder when setting up video source. I can see a list of all the folders and movies I have there. It's the full list, just no pics and meta data. Obviously the path is not X here. It's upnp:// and a long string of numbers and characters. Continued and chose Movies for content and then run automate scan, use folder names for lookups. I did not click scan recursively (no ts_video or whatever) and did not exclude path from library updates.

I used MyMovies.dk to scrape. I set my username and pass for that and then hit OK. XBMC scans the folds the folder, I guess, but never picks anything up. Sometimes it will throw in one random poster that I don't even have as if it's a sample, like Toy Story 3 or some episode of House.

So the main thing is that it's reading the folder of movies and I can play them, etc. But it won't display the fan art or movie posters etc. Very frustrating.

I've chosen to look at Library Mode in the skin to no avail.

I have gone to the individual movie folder and tried setting content there and still the scraper doesn't work. In fact, the IMDB scraper doesn't work either.

As a side not, I can move a folder over to the Apple TV and it sees the movie and the meta files fine. I can install NitoTV Media Player and all my posters show fine outside of XBMC, etc. Just not where I want it to, in XBMC.

If it matters, here is the HD I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Iomega-Prestige-De...B001D7REJ4

What am I doing wrong? Sad
You are accessing your media through a uPnP Media server, right? That means the media server software needs to also server your meta-data files (if that isactually possible), otherwise xbmc won't see them. Try connecting through a different protocol to your media (SMB, NFS, FTP or HTTP)

As an alternative, you could have xbmc scrape the information together itself.

Remco
I think it's a great idea to try and access it in another way other than UPnP but I've had difficultly with that and I guess I should have mentioned it in the original post. When I try to add a network location, I'm not given the ability to add an nfs:// address. It just sits there...and I know FTP or HTTP isn't optimized for video streaming. SMB has been difficult too and I can find a workgroup link to my laptop but my hard drive isn't showing up in the workgroup even though I believe those workgroup settings to be accurate and correct.

Super frustrating just to get some fan art to show up on an external hard drive.
It sounds like I am having exactly the same issue as you, have you had any luck yet!? I cannot work out how to add our drives via smb, I have sat down for hours Trying to enter what I think is the correct network info but just doesn't work! Which feels very strange when it works perfectly with the xbmc on my laptop... So what I am now wondering if we have to stick with upnp for connection then what is the best software we could install on our laptops to scan and download the meta data and add it our network drives, which I believe will be served to xbmc through upnp!Huh

What do you think? Be good if we can help each other sort this out Smile
Even though FTP and HTTP are not optimised for streaming, most of the time they work just fine.

As far as I can see it is in fact the only way to share media remotely (as in over the internet, instead of just on your LAN) Occasionaly, I encounter a video that doesn't want to play like that, but after putting it through handbrake, it works fine.

I would suggest to at least give FTP a try, it will tell you if the meta data is loaded than. I expect it will be.

As for accessing your iomega over SMB. Maybe take a look at the access control on the iomega. Maybe even add an extra user + password and create a share that only allows you to connect with that user. Then test it from your local pc. After being able to access it from there, test it from the appletv.

Remco

Remco
I have the same drive as you two and I have mine working over smb, its the only way I could get meta data to work since upnp scraping isnt support in xbmc (at least with twonky media server which is what iomega uses) are you guys using the storage manager software? if you are uninstall that shit and just plug your nas into the router then browse to your NAS network location in your internet explorer and enter its localip address once youve logged in go into your shares and check media sharing on them box, then on your computer your shares should pop up then map those to a letter of your choice, this worked for me, I was able to hit smb in the server configuration then browse to my workgroup and there was my smb share.. pm me if you need any help with this thing cus ive figured it all out
after hours and hours of playing around i finally got smb to work, and now i actually feel quite stupid lol i was making it far harder than it needed to be Rolleyes

all is good in the end, and now im as a happy as can be Big Grin

thank you for the help and suggestions though, this seems to be a nice community.

enjoy your new xbmc, i know i will.
It turned out I needed to use another remote where I could actually type in an smb address. The little Apple TV remote sucks for that stuff. I also had to add in the port to the drive. In my case it was 9000 so I just typed the path out, changed the content and scraper settings and boom! Library. Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Wink
Guys,

Upnp will not work with the library. Upnp servers dynamically assign a path to each device that connects to it. So each time xbmc tries to find a file it is in a different location.

It is convenient but does not work fully

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 2 XBMC Source Not Displaying Meta Data0