What is the most quiet CPU Cooler for the AMD A6-3650?
Hello,

As many of you, I went LLano and got myself a ASRock A75M-HVS + AMD A6-3650 combo.
One thing I noticed right away was that the stock cpu cooler is way too noisy for me.

What options are out there, what do you guys recommed?
note: the case is a Nox Media Centre II, so I can go for a low profile cooler, or not.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835185097
CPU COOLER suggestions are listed in my HTPC guide.
http://ow.ly/1s4Jcf
I'll have a read, thanks for the info.

Yesterday I played around a little bit with the HTPC, and one thing that annoyed me was that I couldn't get the same image quality that I used to get with a Popcorn Hour A-210.
I installed XBMC and ffdshow codecs. What else should I do? Is there a guide about this subject that I can read and learn a bit about image quality, HTPC and TV settings?

Also, the PSU is a LC-POWER 420w, and it's fan is a bit noisy. I think I read about PSU's that only turn the fan on if the power output is above a certain value. Do they exist?

Thanks for the replys!
those PSU's are hybrids...
they are completely silent but fan kicks in when needed.

XBMC has its own codecs, no need for FFDSHOW...
unless you use another media player like MPC-HC
hcabrita Wrote:One thing I noticed right away was that the stock cpu cooler is way too noisy for me.

Thanks in advance.
You can try this- Scythe SCBSK-2000 120mm Sleeve Big Shuriken 2 CPU Cooler.

If you have standard ATX case, this one is fanless- Nofan CR-95C IcePipe 95W Fanless CPU Cooler.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
hcabrita Wrote:I'll have a read, thanks for the info.

Yesterday I played around a little bit with the HTPC, and one thing that annoyed me was that I couldn't get the same image quality that I used to get with a Popcorn Hour A-210.
I installed XBMC and ffdshow codecs. What else should I do? Is there a guide about this subject that I can read and learn a bit about image quality, HTPC and TV settings?

Thanks for the replys!
Extra codecs doesn't do any good for XBMC. Have you update your AMD driver from here- AMD Radeon™ Video Card Drivers. You can try to playback the same BD file with default settings in CCC with MPC-HC. If you don't like the PQ, you can try to disable everything in Video Setting of CCC.

After you like the PQ, you can move on to XBMC....
Thanks for the tips.
Does look expensive that fanless cooler.
I'll try and set everything up and enjoy the HTPC a little bit, and in a couple of weeks will go back to take care of the noise issue. The case fan does make noise as well, and I need to find out how to put the fan level down(don't know if thats the proper name for it). Maybe inside the bios, or with a specific program...
As for the cpu cooler, I like the looks of the scythe big schuriken 2.

A lot of stuff to digest, feeling kind of brain tired. Lol. Been reading and reading..

Thanks for all your posts and this very helpfull forum!

I'll take a nap now, and come back in a few. eheheh
Wohoo! LLano baby!
hcabrita Wrote:Thanks for the tips.
Here are some more helpful tips. If you want to enjoy the original BD menu options on TMT5/PDVD11/MPc-HC, you download my external player codes below:

1. Playcorefactory
2. PlayBDMV
3. PlayDisc
4. PlayISO

With the codes above, you should be able to playback the higher quality video from blu-ray disc on BD-ROM and blu-ray ISO/M2TS/M2TS/MKV using TMT5 or PDVD11 in full 1080P video with DTS-HD and TrueHD audio. XBMC is still being used as front-end and it is used to playback lesser video and audio quality such as (avi/mp4/mp3/jpg, etc).

If you want to use MPC-HC, you can simply replace TMT5 directories in PlayDisc, PlayISO, PlayBDMV and Playercorefactory with this MPC-HC directory <C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe>. You need to make sure that this is where MPC-HC is located in your HTPC! Smile
Whoa, a lot of stuff here.

I'm using XBMC to watch HD movies and tv shows, and to listen to some .FLAC and MP3 music.

I have the computer connected to a 2.0 stereo system, and therefore I don't need surround stuff.

Do you think I'll be better served by using the external players you described?
What about lag, does it take a bit more when XBMC is launching external players, or does it take about the same time to load up a movie.
With external players, can we still use the subtitle downloader and other things from xbmc?

Thanks for the feedback.
Regards.
hcabrita Wrote:Whoa, a lot of stuff here.

I'm using XBMC to watch HD movies and tv shows, and to listen to some .FLAC and MP3 music.

I have the computer connected to a 2.0 stereo system, and therefore I don't need surround stuff.

Do you think I'll be better served by using the external players you described?
What about lag, does it take a bit more when XBMC is launching external players, or does it take about the same time to load up a movie.
With external players, can we still use the subtitle downloader and other things from xbmc?

Thanks for the feedback.
Regards.
If you are playback blu-ray disc and blu-ray ISO with original menu options and bitstreaming HD audio, external player is a good solution. Other than that, you should be fine with XBMC!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the most quiet CPU Cooler for the AMD A6-3650?0