Need help with new storage solution
Big Grin 
Hi Everyone,

Currently, I have my self-build HTPC which is also my work/game pc. It runs all my htpc apps like CP, SB, HP, XBMC, SABNzbd, etc.
I want (if possible and not too expensive) to take this off my pc and install these apps somewhere else.
An ideal situation would be a system that has all the storage capacities (I was thinking about 4 gb) and at the same time runs all my htpc apps.

First thing I'm gonna do is replace my current router with this one, to gain some extra speed in my home network.

Next step is to replace my very slow WD MyBook World Edition 2 Whitelight because now I have to shutdown sabnzbd and everything else that makes use of this drive to watch a video in XBMC, otherwise it's buffering constantly.
I want to replace this drive by something more robuust and that has more features. I hope it's also possible to run my htpc-apps on there, but if that gets really expensive, than it would not be neccessary.

The drive needs to be fast and I want FTP access from outside my LAN, which is currently not possible with the MyBookWorld.

Next thing I'd like to replace is my AcRyan Playon HD. I want some kind of box I can attach to my TV and I'd like to run XBMC on it. (where is life without XBMC? Smile ) This box needs WiFi and a HDMI connection. I think it's needless to say that XBMC needs to run smoothly Tongue Maybe Boxee is a solution for me?

Since I am a complete noob in this whole multimedia thing and only recently discovered XBMC (I used to play movies from my mybookworld with VLC player) I hope someone is willing to help me out, and who knows the disadvantages of a student budget Big Grin I'm looking for a good price/quality ratio here.

Many thanks in advance!

Marcoevich
And everything must run at the same time?
Buy a silent pc Wink

And skip TP link... They are cheap but not stable at high loads (personal experience, I sold them)

And why would u run HD 20Mbit application in a overcrowded WiFi world in the NL? I would suggest plain old cable Wink
Yeah I want that cable so bad, but it's nearly impossible to get a cable up to my room Sad
But the WiFi signal is strong enough here, so it has to work that way.

About the router, are u sure about that? This Tp-link is a very popular model in the Netherlands. It's on top here: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/reviews/c...atuur.html

Many people use this router, and there are some good reviews about it. It's also compatible with custom firmware like dd-wrt.

What router in the same price class can do this?
If you know one you then speak right now Big Grin
Ik kom ook uit nederland Wink (English: i'm also dutch)

We installed them on some test subjects locations on our network and noticed that under high load (nat sessions etc) that the router was not all perfect. But i don't know the current firmware statuses.

I use a Juniper SRX 100 at home Smile

Greets,

Aron
Ah ok Wink That's good to know Tongue

But ehm, I cannot find very much information about this router. Are you sure that this is a model with the same capabilities as the tp-link wr1043ND? Can you provide me a link to a Dutch store wich has the router in stock?

Thank you very much Wink
That router is not a default router Wink
It's a high end corporate router Wink

I like Draytek for stock market.

But i don't know what the current firmware status is for the TP-Link maybe its good now Wink. I know that the TP links have many features....

At my company we sell at the moment Speedtouches. (u know the kind that KPN also sells. They have a lot of options if u configure them through the CLI.
Hmm, I will look a bit more into the tp-link, to see if the firmware issues are solved now Tongue

Those speedtouch routers? Do they still have an ssid like Speedtouch19sa010?

I remember a few years ago, I had an application that could create access codes for speedtouch routers, only if I filled in the number behind the SSID xD

I hope they fixed this by now Tongue
Aronjd,

Do you have an idea what device I can use for replacing with my MyBookWorld NAS?

Thx in advance!
I had a MyBook.... I replaced it with a homecooked FreeBSD ZFS storage solutions.
I would go for a Synology Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with new storage solution0