Xbmcchangelog.py script
im new to python but i would like to fix something on this particular script.

the following section collects the infformation from thisparticular link:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....=markup

the scrip has a section that retrieves it:
def get_data(self):
data = urllib.urlopen("[url]http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xbmc/xbmc/changelog.txt?view=markup"[/url])
self.data = data.read()

now the following section looks at the html code for that particular page and gets the date of the last update to the log:

def get_info(self):
reresult = re.search("revision: <b>.*</b>,\n<i>(.*) utc</i> \((.*)\Wink by <i>(.*)</i>", self.data, re.ignorecase )
result = "last updated " + reresult.group(2)
return result

now in xbmc all i see is last u... and nothing else, which leads me to believe that the statement above is not working.

does anybody have a few popinters on how to deal with this particular issue
self.label = xbmcgui.controllabel( int(420*self.scalex) , int(70*self.scaley) , 50, 6, "", 'font12', '0xffffffff')

self.label = xbmcgui.controllabel( int(345*self.scalex) , int(65*self.scaley) , 50, 6, "", 'font14', '0xffffffff')

change the above width '50' to something like 200 or more.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
(nuka1195 @ may 04 2005,19:58 Wrote:self.label = xbmcgui.controllabel( int(420*self.scalex) , int(70*self.scaley) , 50, 6, "", 'font12', '0xffffffff')

self.label = xbmcgui.controllabel( int(345*self.scalex) , int(65*self.scaley) , 50, 6, "", 'font14', '0xffffffff')

change the above width '50' to something like 200 or more.
thanks amigo....is there a way though to, dinamycally set the leght of that label instead of hard-coding it?
http://www.harshreality.org/screens/

best way to see alterations is by example Wink
thanks man for the link. i'm trying to learn python so that i can fix scripts when i run into this type of issues. this is what i call an "elegant" solution to the label problem!!!
on a seperate note... a suggestion for modification to this script that i just cant do (anybody chime in to this one because i think it would be great) would be a modification i recall hearing i think jmarshall making about setting it up so it doesnt need to dl the entire log but just from a given date.

how much of a pain in the arse would it be to set it up so the chnagelog downloads as suggested, from a given date but use the build date as the variable. in this way the changelog would display improvements made since your last upgrade.
(harshreality @ may 07 2005,05:47 Wrote:in this way the changelog would display improvements made since your last upgrade.
this feature sounds really good.

would be great if someone of the devs could make it.

(i still have to learn some python basics.. Wink )

scape
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

harshreality i like that idea to.that the builddate sets the changelogg date we are displaying.
to get this done we could show changes 7 days and to this builddate. or even more elegant.save the build executed into a database file that will not be deleted.that just adds a new builddate if a new build is executed.that way we can show changes from last build to this.

offtopic.have you heard about png before? why have such big bmps. bmps are hardly a internet image.
i just dump the screenie to my domain, size really isnt an issue since i have unlimited space. although for the high-speed impared i am sorry for the size of the images and will make a conversion in the future Wink
is there anything ongoing for xbmcchangelog.py to just download the update from the last date you updated (compiled) xbmc ?

scape
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcchangelog.py script0