Upgrade to Eden Beta - MYSQL question
I don't see a tabled called but I was looking for a column with that value in one of the tables. When I found this trying to query stacktimes within mysql workbench.

Error: `xbmc_video`.`stacktimes`: table data is not editable because there is no primary key defined for the table

Otherwise do you know what table I should look for this column?
The settings table?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok I did find VerticalShift in my settings table. Should it not be there? Again I couldn't view this table through mysql workbench but I did find it via a text editor on an export of my db before I upgraded. So this column was already present on my 10.1 install.
Is the settings table not there in xbmc_video58 ? If not, that could be the problem.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Both the table settings and column VerticalShift are present in the xbmc_video and xbmc_video58 databases.
Thank you all for the help but I'm going to give up and and just rescan all my data. I guess next time I'll wait for final release than go beta. If you need any logs or want me to open a ticket of some sort let me know. I would hate someone hitting this problem on the final release. Although the error pointed to the missing column it was created along with all the other tables. The only thing missing were the views.
What would have happened is the very first update would have failed half way through - so you would have had an updated db (perhaps all except the views) but the version wasn't updated.

If you blow away your xbmc_videos58 database then you'll be back to your dharma db and it will try to update it again.

So, for anyone else reading this, we need the VERY FIRST time you attempt to run Eden from a dharma database. If it fails, we need that log. You should be able to reproduce this over and over by blowing away the Eden created db table, which is the xbmc_video<version_number> database.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade to Eden Beta - MYSQL question0