• 8(current)
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.0
Sorry, wrong thread =)
this add on has deleted my database twice in the last week when cleaning is set to run after update.

thankfully I have taken a backup. I have had to turn cleaning off.
(2012-09-06, 20:07)johnmerrick Wrote: this add on has deleted my database twice in the last week when cleaning is set to run after update.

thankfully I have taken a backup. I have had to turn cleaning off.

Sorry about your library. Good thing you had the backups.

I do want everyone to be clear here though - this addon is not responsible for deleting your database. This addon is simply a scheduler for xbmc's built in library update and clean functions. When the clean library task happens, it is simply calling the CleanLibrary() method and xbmc internal processes are responsible for everything that happens afterwards.
i'm getting the script error as detailed in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123793&page=2. also I set in the configuration for it to run 1 hour intervals and not while playing. I don't leave xbmc open all the time. I take computer downstairs hook to tv, turn start xbmc and watch my movies. What happens if it misses the interval? does it run the next time or will it not work for me? I'm trying to use this one over the library watchdog as that one only cleans the files out if xbmc is running when you delete the files off the computer.

EDIT: I tried the import OS thing mentioned in the other thread, still script error.
(2012-09-09, 17:22)robl45 Wrote: i'm getting the script error as detailed in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123793&page=2. also I set in the configuration for it to run 1 hour intervals and not while playing. I don't leave xbmc open all the time. I take computer downstairs hook to tv, turn start xbmc and watch my movies. What happens if it misses the interval? does it run the next time or will it not work for me? I'm trying to use this one over the library watchdog as that one only cleans the files out if xbmc is running when you delete the files off the computer.

EDIT: I tried the import OS thing mentioned in the other thread, still script error.

The OS import fix was from a while back and is not necessary anymore - the addon does not use any functions from the os library, it is using the vfs library instead. Could you post a debug log from XBMC so I can see where the error is happening and it's exact wording? The posts you are referring to are old enough at this point that newer versions of the addon have been pushed to the repo.

To answer you question about the interval reads. On startup the addon reads in a variable for the last time it ran from a flat file in the addon_data directory. If it has missed one or more scheduled runs due to xbmc not running it will kick off a library update at that time. This gets rid of the need to use this addon as well as the "update on startup" system settings. You should be able to use this addon as you describe and still scan any files to the library that were added when XBMC was not running.
here is the logfile

http://pastebin.com/QARLjUtF

(2012-09-09, 18:04)robweber Wrote:
(2012-09-09, 17:22)robl45 Wrote: i'm getting the script error as detailed in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123793&page=2. also I set in the configuration for it to run 1 hour intervals and not while playing. I don't leave xbmc open all the time. I take computer downstairs hook to tv, turn start xbmc and watch my movies. What happens if it misses the interval? does it run the next time or will it not work for me? I'm trying to use this one over the library watchdog as that one only cleans the files out if xbmc is running when you delete the files off the computer.

The OS import fix was from a while back and is not necessary anymore - the addon does not use any functions from the os library, it is using the vfs library instead. Could you post a debug log from XBMC so I can see where the error is happening and it's exact wording? The posts you are referring to are old enough at this point that newer versions of the addon have been pushed to the repo.

To answer you question about the interval reads. On startup the addon reads in a variable for the last time it ran from a flat file in the addon_data directory. If it has missed one or more scheduled runs due to xbmc not running it will kick off a library update at that time. This gets rid of the need to use this addon as well as the "update on startup" system settings. You should be able to use this addon as you describe and still scan any files to the library that were added when XBMC was not running.

Hi robweber,

Can be added a little extra option, "Ask before clean it" like a simple window asking "yes or not do it now?"

because currently the verify sources with smb units still getting problems.
@robl45 - The only library update error I'm seeing in your log file is related to a syntax error with an import os line. Since this addon does not use the os library any more I'm guessing this is the one you added following instructions from earlier in this thread. Try removing it, or better yet just delete the whole directory and get a good working version from the xbmc repo, and try running the addon again.

Code:
12:54:41 T:3816   ERROR: Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('C:\\Users\\Rob\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\service.libraryautoupdate\\service.py', 1, 20, 'import osimport time\n'))

@Subxero - I like your suggestion. I'll add to my feature list and implement it with the next push to the repo. Thanks.
It was doing same thing before adding that line. Could you point me to zip file with latest version so I can try that?
You can always download the latest and greatest from the github repository. When on the page there is a "Zip" button that will download all the files from the master repo in a zip format. From there just load into XBMC. This is probably 1 version ahead of what is in the main xbmc repo right now, but lately all I've been adding is translation files.

https://github.com/robweber/xbmclibraryautoupdate

okay, i did the new one, now i don't get errors. but it appeared to do its thing and then do the clean database which is set to run after update, yet a movie that I deleted is still sitting there. I know its gone because if I play it, it says its no longer there. isn't it supposed to remove it?
Sounds like the addon did it's job, you just may not be seeing the behavior you expect from the clean library operation. All this addon does is call XBMC's built in CleanLibrary() function.

I would try running everything again with debug mode enabled. XBMC will print some debug messages related to library cleaning that may help you figure out if things are working correctly here. Check out this file starting at line 7642 (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...tabase.cpp) it is the code for the CleanDatabase function. You'll see the Debug log statements so you have an idea of what to look for.
So it doesn't remove files that are deleted from the directory like watchdog does? I wanted to use this one because that one only removes them if I delete with xbmc running.
(2012-09-11, 16:46)robl45 Wrote: So it doesn't remove files that are deleted from the directory like watchdog does? I wanted to use this one because that one only removes them if I delete with xbmc running.

They are both using the exact same command. The problem isn't with either addon, it's with the Clean function (if it isn't functioning as you would want it to). As an example, here is the code from both my addon, and the library watchdog.

watchdog:

Code:
from line 57 of default.py
        log("cleaning %s library" % self.library)
        xbmc.executebuiltin("CleanLibrary(%s)" % self.library)
Notice the call to CleanLibrary()?

the library updater:

Code:
from line 309 of the service.py file

#run the clean operation
        self.log("Cleaning Database")
        xbmc.executebuiltin("CleanLibrary(" + media_type + ")")

they are both using the exact same function call. the only difference is that the watchdog does it in response to an event while xbmc is running (file added/removed); and this addon uses a timer function along with some user settings. There are lots of people for whom this works exactly as expected - which is why I suggested running in debug and examing a log file.
Anyway to be able to update more then 3 sources have got a few videos accross a few file paths would really like at least anouther 3
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.00