Movie Files Vob?
Hey Guys,

I'm new to XBMC. I just downloaded it to my Apple TV 2G a few days ago and I really like it. Here's my issue. I love the idea of an all-in-one media center, but i still have a ton of DVDs I'd like to transfer.

I've been using DVDFab to Rip my DVDs into vob format for use on XBMC. When i watch the moves, on my ATV2, the picture and sound quality are great. However, the playback controls really stink. I can't fastforward because the video only streams like 20 seconds at a time, and more importantly if i "menu" out of the movie i can't resume from where i left off. It's the worst when you're watching a movie and you sit on the remote and then can't get back to it.

I've tried about a dozen rippers to try to use .mkv, .avi, .wmv for my ripped movies. The playback controls and resume great, but the video quality is terrible. It's really pixly and choppy.

I don't care about the cost of a ripper, the size of the output file, or the time it takes to rip, i just want to be able to transfer my DVDs without losing playbackability and without losing any A/V quality. Any suggestions on what format or ripper i should use to convert my DVDs?

Thanks.
Laugh
I like Makemkv
Noli illegitimi carborundum

I gave that a shot. It looked great on the screen but when I used the ATV2 to display on my 60" tv the video quality looked pretty bad.
aalexisa14 Wrote:I gave that a shot. It looked great on the screen but when I used the ATV2 to display on my 60" tv the video quality looked pretty bad.

Maybe an ATV2 prob as my TV is 50" and I also use a projector and have no problems with the video quality, actually why I started with MakeMKV as it does not use compression.

I'll have to give makeMKV another shot. Are there any settings in particular i should use?
aalexisa14 Wrote:I'll have to give makeMKV another shot. Are there any settings in particular i should use?

Major lack of settings, that's another reason I like it. Stops me from thinking I know more than the author Wink

Cool ma thanks. I'll take another crack at it.
Damn. I just tried it and it's really pixely still. i don't think it's my setup because vob iles play crystal clear. i got the free version of make mkv. Does the clairty change if i buy the actual program?
No different when registered, but I am suprised at your problem as the prog stores the vobs uncompressed.

Little late to respond but I guess never too late. I have experienced with all the different formats. I have found I use DVD FAB and mainly convert using DVD Copy which keeps the Video in the same format as the actually DVD, it is almost like placing the DVD to watch. I also use the VOB with the IFO files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Files Vob?0