Setting up NAS for library mode
I have just got my nas drive set up (d-link sharecentre 320) with 2 2tb harddrives installed. My movies are on one and tv shows on the other (standard format)
I tried to set it up using Upnp and found that library mode isn't supported by Upnp in xbmc Sad
However, in trying to find out which protocol I should use, I haven't been able to find a guide (for windows) anywhere.

The NAS supports ftp, upnp av, itunes, nfs and afp services/servers.

Can someone talk me through the process?

thanks.
asha_man Wrote:I have just got my nas drive set up (d-link sharecentre 320) with 2 2tb harddrives installed. My movies are on one and tv shows on the other (standard format)
I tried to set it up using Upnp and found that library mode isn't supported by Upnp in xbmc Sad
However, in trying to find out which protocol I should use, I haven't been able to find a guide (for windows) anywhere.

The NAS supports ftp, upnp av, itunes, nfs and afp services/servers.

Can someone talk me through the process?

thanks.

Look under file sharing here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Since your under windows, you may be able to mount the samba share to your PC then have XBMC look at that share.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

I have mounted the drives on my NAS as regular network drives in windows and then added them as media sources in XBMC
You can use Samba or NFS. NFS provides better speed, but it's way harder to enable on Windows.
Samba is very user-friendly.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
That nas supports cifs/smb so you should be able to share the root of each drive and add an SMB source in xbmc this will allow libary mode
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

Thanks for all the replies, I ended up going down the smb route, which seems to work very nicely.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up NAS for library mode0